Kv-36fs76 Sony Tv

blackstone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read a number of reviews about this tv and wonder if it's all it's cracked up to be ? I would also appreciate any comment about the Sony Centre after sales service. Just one last point would value thoughts on alternative 36" tv's and views on extended warranties. Thanks in anticipation.....Joe

These sets IMO are the best 36" in its class on the market.

The picture and sound quality is excellent and if your watching dvds its awsome with a good sound system!

I would advise caution if you don't get a good warranty as I went through 3 sets in the first 5 months due to off the production line faults. I also had problems with online companies. I got mine from House of fraser with te free 5 year warranty although they will price match and you can get your warranty elsewhere. My first choice would be a J Lewis price match but nearest store is 100 miles away and told me would cost £130 to deliver!!

Can't recommend this set enough.

Regards

Tom

Many thanks Tommo, we have a J Lewis nearby in the city ctre. I price matched Comet, Currys, Powerhouse & the Sony Ctre the latter offering £1500 including 5 year warranty and delivery minus the free Sony DVD & VCR player. The guy sighed when I told him we lived one floor up and can appreciate that given the 90 Kgs weight of this beastie.
I still have great concerns about the number of "Monday Morning" machines that are out there and wonder if after the October Av/Tv exhibition at Birmingham Exhibition Ctre if an improved model might be on offer. This might explain the package deal i.e. so called free DVD & VCR player............Joe

The geometry, convergence and build quality was excellent on my FS76, however the picture quality and input flexibility on the Toshiba 36ZP38 is better IMO (In My Opinion)...

blackstone , i see your from Glasgow. Robert Whyte on Dumbarton road are doing the fs76 for £799.99 (refurb).

I M O means in my opion

Thanks very much for the help and advice. I think I might hold fire a wee bit until after the trade show in Manchester (not Birmingham as earlier posted). The reviews that follow will be fast and furious and my current Sony Tv seems to have a bit of life left in it yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom