1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV-36FS76/36ZP38 geometry

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by SimonO, May 17, 2003.

1. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I've just replaced my Sony KV-36FS76 with a Toshiba 36ZP38... Whilst the picture seems to be generally better, geometry and convergence aren't perfect... Whilst my Sony had other 'problems', it's geometry and convergence were spot on... Should I expect ruler straight horizontal geometry and convergence into the corners on a Toshiba, or are they not as good as Sony in this respect..?

Horizontal bend into the corners was the only thing I couldn't adjust in the Sony service menu... Is this the same on this Toshiba..?

As I'm new to Toshiba I really just want to know what I should expect...

Cheers...

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    In my experience Toshiba CRTs are usually very poor in the area of geometry and convergence compared to other manufacturers. A Toshiba owner should be able to tell you what can be corrected, however when I had one I eventually sent it back because that was one of a number of uncorrectable issues :rolleyes:

I hope you get it sorted out ;)

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks for the honest opinion..! Not what I wanted to hear though..!

Anyone out there got a 36" Toshiba with near perfect convergence/geometry..?

Should I persevere..?

4. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, i'm lucky enough to have one with the geometry spot on straight from the warehouse.
    As long as there isn't a bow on the top of the screen you can fix it with the service menu, although its a little tricky.

Spunky

5. TVfreak

TVfreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry know the subject is Geometry but I have a question to ask owners of the 36ZP38 which I am interested in buying
    1.IS it able to do PAL progressive. There's a review in this months What HI_FI that says it does....PLS help confirm
    2. Philips plagued with black bars and lousy PIXEL plus PQ, Sony has buzzing.....any unbearable problems with the 36ZP38...is it the Geometry.....anyone out there able to solve this problem so far?