1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KV-32FX68, the buzz, why 100 Hz? and other stuff

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dragonoptical, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just got a Sony KV-32FX68 and my set is (slightly) buzzing...
    Apparently I'm not the only one having that problem (I just red the "Sony TVs buzzing discussion"), actually I was shocked when I figured out it is a well known problem with the latest Sony TV-sets (untill now I had a 28inch Sony 50hz widescreen set that had a great picture, no buzzing etc, but I sold it to my sister for 1/3 of the prize I payed 5 years ago, so I could get a bigger set, if I had known all the things I know now I don't think I would have sold my tv...).
    So I contacted the shop where I bought my set and they said they would exchange it for a new set, the problem now is: should I ask for a new KV-32FX68 or should I take another set?
    Why am I hesitating?
    Well:
    1) I was really disapointed when I saw the picture-quality of the KV-32FX68, especially when watching analog-tv, the picture is kinda pixelated, and the screen flickers a lot...
    2) It took me about 5m to hear the buzz coming from the back of the set, I asked to my sister, parents and friends to check it out, my parents and friends didn't immediately heard it but my sister did.
    3) It looks like the buzzing-problem most of the time is a 100hz-tv-sets related problem.

So why wouldn't I buy a Sony KV-32LS36 (50hz widescreen 32inch) or another 32inch 50hz sony tv?
    No more pixelated picture, no more buzzing, no more flickering (my old 50hz set has a less flickering pic than my new KV-32FX68!).
    First I was wondering if I wouldn't pay a little more so I could take a KV-32FQ70 in the place but I think I'll stick to a good ol' 50hz set 'till I can aford a Plasma screen...

2. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I wouldn't bank on an FQ70 solving all of your problems.
    I had the same problems as you with the Sony sets. I went thorugh a few 32FX66's because of buzzing and then had a couple of FQ70's which buzzed worse. Sony actually said it was a design feature and recommended I try a different make. I went for an Aventos and am well chuffed. Cosmetically not as nice as the FQ70 but picture quality and lack of buzzing more than makes up for that. Have a look at the Loewe Aventos. I have seen some good deals detailed in these forums.

Cheers

Ste

3. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for your advice ste1010!
    I have untill Monday to figure out if I'll exchange my Sony KV-32FX68 for a Loewe Aventos 3781 or a 50hz set (but it would be really disapointing to go from a 50hz set, my old Sony, to another 50hz set...).
    I posted a thread a few hours ago to see if the Loewe Aventos 3781 really has the specifications I'm looking for (less pixelisation, flicker and no buzz).