Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

KV-28CL11 or KV-28HX15 ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Antor, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Antor

Antor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a 28" 50 Hz 16:9 Sony TV and hesitate between KV-28CL11 and KV-28HX15.

Anyone knows if there are any real differences between the two models?

The only one I see is the design (the HX15 being more recent, replacing I guess the CL11 which is 20% cheaper...)

Thanks for your help (and for comments on these models if you own one).

2. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search this site for both KV-28HX15 and then KV28HX15 and you'll find quite a few threads about that one. Then do the same for the other set. It works!

3. Eso

Eso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Sony KV-28CL11 back in December.

It's a really great set. The main difference I can see between this and the other set you mentioned (bearing in mind I know nothing of the other one) is that the set I have is a Digital TV - meaning you can get Freeview channels without a settop box.

The only other major difference I can see from the Sony website is the newer model you mention is a little deeper and quite a bit wider in size than the CL11.

I am really happy with the set and you will see that other people that have the set are happy with theirs too.

There are some known issues with the geometry - it seems like everyone that has one has some issue. I (like some other members of this forum) have a slight bend in the top left corner of the screen.

I personally can live with this slight problem, you really don't notice it in everyday viewing (least I don't) and from the reasearch I done before making my purchase it seems that there are loads of TVs around that all have some form of geometry problem. I read that its common with larger screen TVs and widescreens.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck making up your mind!

4. Antor

Antor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice & comments Eso, greatly appreciated.

In fact, the digital tuner of the CL11 wont be of any use for me, since I already use a digital satellite tuner plugged on the TV.

Having read your comments, I read other threads about CL11 Geometry problems : there doesnt seem to be this kind of issue with the HX15, which gets only positive comments. So I guess I'll go for the HX15.

But still waiting for other comments, if there are any.

Thx again anyway.

5. jasi

jasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, I've had 2 cl11s and both have had geometry problems. Besides that they're great though.