kuwait

redhat

Novice Member
Hi

Ive just moved from the uk to Kuwait.

was thinking of hooking up a pc with a pci satellite card and a dish to try and receive uk freesat channels.

Is this Possible?

What do i need / best way to go about this?

Any other options?

is there a current thread for this?

im technical but this is not my game advice would be cool

cheers

glenn

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
That would be free satellite channels that you're looking for, not Freesat, otherwise you wouldn't have posted immediately below this request from forum admin:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/411852-if-your-topic-freesat-sky-do-not-post-here.html
Here are the details about Freesat: freesat - Subscription free HD Satellite TV through a Digital Box.
The maps on glt's link show the situation about free satellite channels, as does the text if you have the language.:)
Others in your locality from the UK will be able to advise you on how they get their fix of channels.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
The maps on glt's link show the situation about free satellite channels, as does the text if you have the language.:)
I thought the pictures really didn't need any text at all :rotfl:

logiciel

Quite right - I was just giving OP a hint as to what the text is about.:D

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Quite right - I was just giving OP a hint as to what the text is about.:D
On reflection Arabic would have been more appropriate :)

logiciel

From Scandinavia to the Persian Gulf is quite a big jump.:)

C

cyprusstudio

Your best option to receive UK channels in Kuwait would not be satellite as there is no satellite signal where you are.
You can receive them through your computer. You will need to set up a UK VPN Tunnel, not as complicated as it sounds, so that you IP Address appears as though you are in the UK. You will then be able to use BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, TVcatchup, Filmon, though the latter is available without the VPN.
Find a VPN provider such as BlackVPN, and you will be given the information to set up your computer, including instructions and account details.
You can get leads to connect your computer to your TV.
Hope this helps.
Chris