kuro 42 or 50 inch advice please

killer10971

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi
im looking at getting one of these two tvs , ideally the 42" but i want the full 1080p , i could crowbar in a 50" but our viewing disance is just over 5metres

what does sd look like on the 42 and 50" my dvd is arcam dv139 so i want to get the most out of it

i love the look of the pioneers shiny black surround which matches my m&k xenon so unless anyone knows of a similar finish then i will have to go with pioneer only

please give me as many +/- as if i get this wrong im a dead man

cheers

Sd will probably look better on the 42" - less scaling to be done

you say it like 5 metres is close for 50"! 42" would be tiny from that far back, get the 50 in now! You may even regret not getting the 60.

I have just replaced my Pioneer 436xde ( now in conservatory for kids gaming) with a 508XD and sit 13ft away from the screen. Other seats are 11ft to 8 ft away and i toyed with the idea of buying the 42 inch version.
I, m glad i didn,t because at those distances the 508 is terrific even with SD stuff.
I can assure you at 5 metres you will be fine with the 508 and you should even consider the 608.
My room is a lounge diner 30 ft x 12ft and the TV sits in the window.
I replaced my original 3 shelf stand with a 2 shelf version which reduced the overall height and this did make a difference.

I'm 4.2 m away froma 50, and find too small, and 42 would be tiny. I recommend the 50, no worries.

When i told mrs Oz i was 'getting', well it was only 'wanted' at the time, a 508xd, she was shocked, but said if it stopped me moaning, then 'i suppose so'. When MAW came and set it all up and popped her on the wall, (tv-not mrs Oz), she couldn't believe how well it fitted into the room and didn't look massive. Can't get a 608 passed for install though :rotfl: And of course, i'm still moaning ! :D

If there are any family 'doubts' try putting a paper cut-out on the wall then sit back and realise that 50" isn't really all that big.

Worked for me when I was justifying my first 50" purchase 6 years ago.

If there are any family 'doubts' try putting a paper cut-out on the wall then sit back and realise that 50" isn't really all that big.

Worked for me when I was justifying my first 50" purchase 6 years ago.

I did the same too.

hi
im looking at getting one of these two tvs , ideally the 42" but i want the full 1080p , i could crowbar in a 50" but our viewing disance is just over 5metres

what does sd look like on the 42 and 50" my dvd is arcam dv139 so i want to get the most out of it

i love the look of the pioneers shiny black surround which matches my m&k xenon so unless anyone knows of a similar finish then i will have to go with pioneer only

please give me as many +/- as if i get this wrong im a dead man

cheers

5 metres? I'd be looking at a 60", as by the time you've taken off the top/bottom black bars during movie playback you'll find anything else waaay too small.

Nomadd

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom