Kuff's New Flat - Home Cinema Set Up

Kuffdam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just moved home in December and finally have pretty much most of the set up running, just a new 2TB home server to arrive for storing my movies and its all complete.... for now...

I had posted about my last place when I constructed a floating wall idea. like many others on the board.... the thread can be found here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-diy/724432-kuffdams-floating-wall-thread.html

Anyway... everything is up and running and I'm pretty happy with it so thought I would share...

Its a 3 bedroom apartment... your basically seeing the living room and the upstairs section which I work from...

The Living Room:
P1010293-1.jpg

The TV: Sharp 46" Aquos
P1010299-1.jpg

The Equipment: Sony PS3, PC Running Media Centre, Freeview Box & Pioneer Digital Amp...
P1010300-1.jpg

From The Couch:
P1010301-1.jpg

Behind The Couch:
P1010297-1.jpg

From The TV Looking Back:
P1010294.jpg

The Rest Of The Living Room:
P1010295-1.jpg

From The Window:
P1010296-1.jpg

Upstairs Looking Down:
P1010303-1.jpg

And Finally...

Upstairs Little Set Up:
P1010302-1.jpg

So thats it.... now just the WHS 2TB server to come next week and I can load all the TV shows etc onto that....

I'm pretty pleased, the sound in the living room is great from the speaker package and sub....

Thanks guys

John in Scotland

Last edited:
Supreme set up, love the flat!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great setup Kuffdam! :thumbsup:

Loving the loft style apartment. Looks very swish!

What speakers are those in the lounge?

the set up looks great.Like the stands that the rears are on.Cool flat and nice vinyl collection:)Bit of a dj are you.

not really looking to add too much at this time....

Just the new server for hosting movies... and I'm interested in a new HTPC for the living room... but what I am running just now will do...

Nice looking flat!

Tv looks a bit lost on that wall but I guess most things would.

Your flat/apartment looks fantastic! nice one, the setup is cool too.

what WHS system are you going for, and build it yourself or something like the HP media ones?

That flat looks very familiar, are you in East London?:)

Wow, looks really good ! :eek:

Very very sleek set up, nice looking and super fancy. I like the minimalistic look you have going on there. :thumbsup:

Hi guys

Many thanks on the comments...

Yeah its a big change from the "little" place we had before....

As for the location... defo not East London... its in Glasgow

And to the question on the server

I have bought a Tranquil PC SQA-5H Home Server
Hands-On: Tranquil PC SQA-5H Home Server | We Got Served

Its got 2TB set up and should be here early next week, gonna run my movies to Media Centre on a Vista machine... plus also stream Tversity around the house to the other rooms which have media extenders in them...

Lovely looking flat:) love the upstairs area reminds me of a tree house for some reason must be the ladders, sure does make a change from the usual flats you see:smashin:

Hi again

Yeah Mez floor... in good time will be changed to a cinema room I think,,, Projector up there and a new set up... but just not yet...

As for the floating wall... because of the size of the wall it just wouldn't look right... it would need to be massive to make it work.. the ceiling is over 14ft high so just didn't want to slap a huge board on top of it...

Software wise, I am running Media Centre with an added program called Media Browser... it allows you to add artwork etc which is downloaded from the web... its great

very nice setup, where is the TV unit from it's exactly the type of thing i'm looking for?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom