Kudos Cardea C10 Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Excellent review as always, thanks Ed.

I do think these have an elegant simplicity to them but can’t help wishing all the screws weren’t so visible! Still I think they’ll be on my list to consider if/when I upgrade my speakers.

Great review Ed - although it's a tad worrying that three and a half grand is now seen as the ballpark price for a half decent bookshelf/standmount nowadays.
I appreciate it's a while back since the Special Forty came out so comparisons may be difficult, but I'd be interested to see how this compares, given that Ed reviewed both.

If I ever flog my tribe towers I'm buying kudos titans. I've had them in my house and although they were a bit big, the smaller ones would be excellent.
I feel guilty for buying something from out of the UK, next time I'm going British.

If I ever flog my tribe towers I'm buying kudos titans. I've had them in my house and although they were a bit big, the smaller ones would be excellent.
I feel guilty for buying something from out of the UK, next time I'm going British.
A mate of mine bought the Titan 505 standmounts last year - I know speakers are notoriously influenced by partnering equipment/room acoustics/EQ calibrations, but I have to say they are probably the best speakers I've ever heard.
But seeing as they're £8500, I'm hoping that either I have a lottery win or he gets divorced and has to flog 'em quickly ;)

My friend is a kudos dealer but he's got poorly so I'm not sure if he'll be able to help me out again unfortunately as I have bought some really great kit off him in the past.
😕😔

But seeing as they're £8500, I'm hoping that either I have a lottery win or he gets divorced and has to flog 'em quickly
Trust me - if he gets divorced they will suddenly, miraculously, belong to the Spouse & not him!

Says a man with bitter experience

I don’t think I’ve seen a better looking, perfectly formed, simple looking speaker.

As Fordster says, only the invisible screws bit is missing. And I’m sure Kudos could do something about that.

£3500 may not be piles of cash to some, but they are by no means a modest price.

Also I want some.

Love to here them with a Lyngdorf 1120 too.

Might be all the hifi a fellow could reasonably ask for (not a cheap pairing, but not out of the question for what I’m sure would be quite sublime).

They are certainly a possibility in a way the Titan 505 is simply not likely to ever be (at least for me).

Last edited:
Great review Ed - although it's a tad worrying that three and a half grand is now seen as the ballpark price for a half decent bookshelf/standmount nowadays.
I appreciate it's a while back since the Special Forty came out so comparisons may be difficult, but I'd be interested to see how this compares, given that Ed reviewed both.

Yes indeed. Both in my room for the same week would be interesting.

Hi,
may I also be added to the growing group of Members keen to hear Ed's comparison with the Special 40's.
As an aside, I got back last weekend from watching my team (Chelsea) win the Champions League in Portugal. I travelled home via Frankfurt Germany and I'm currently on day six of quarantine. Basically, it's been an excuse for six days enjoying extra long listening periods on my audio system. Four more days to go (which will be made so much easier relaxing to the music) !!
Gregory
p.s. I dread to think of these ten days in quarantine if we had lost !!

In case anyone is interested... a fine price here

Hmm. I've never seen the 40s openly discounted.
I think you may have inadvertently answered your own question there my friend - they are so good for the price they don't have to as they disappear as soon as stockists receive them.
I've got a pair and for me they're endgame speakers.
Or at least until my mate gets his decree absolute.

Yes great looking speakers and made in County Durham 👍

I think you may have inadvertently answered your own question there my friend - they are so good for the price they don't have to as they disappear as soon as stockists receive them.
I've got a pair and for me they're endgame speakers.
Or at least until my mate gets his decree absolute.

Hence the 'Hmm' :).
Mine will have to be prised from my cold dead hands!

When I got divorced I left with my van, my hifi, the clothes I was wearing and my insulin bag.
Some things are just too important to let go.

Hi,
I got a great discount on a brand new boxed pair of grey Special 40's with full seven year guarantee. He did not have them in stock, so had to wait over a week for them to arrive from Denmark.
Gregory

Still near enough a third discount at its price point , is hefty.

Indeed it is... cash is being spitefully elusive this last year or so, or I’d have had them. Despite ye olde worlde cherryness of them.

I would just have listened with my eyes closed. In the dark.

Looks like the Super 10 (in cherry) can be had for a similar discount from Peter Tyson. For someone looking for their ‘forever’ speakers these may be a better choice because they have direct driver inputs, so they offer an upgrade path to full active configuration.

Great review and a wonderful product no doubt. But it seems most recent reviews on AVF are all of things that normal people can't afford? I'm not criticising, just commenting, maybe most people on here can afford thousands on each item in their kit. Just saying personally I'd appreciate seeing some reviews of budget products. An integrated amp less than £300, some bookshelves less than £200 etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom