1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KubeDesign plasma stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by klnc, Mar 3, 2003.

1. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does anyone own one of these?? I haven't got a suitable wall to hang one on and the bird has issues with the amount of AV equipment on show, so this looked perfect. For those that haven't seen one, they are self contained stands where the screen is lowered into the stand when not in use....

http://www.kubedesign.co.uk/kubic_kd3p.htm

Anyway, I am interested if anyone has one re build quality, reliability etc... Also, interested if you can get them custom built to increase the amount of space available for the centre speaker.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    If they're anything like the Longbow furniture (which also has a version with center speaker shelf and acoustic doors - or custom designs) then I would heartily recomend it.

A recent customer of ours has a wheeled version under a cupboard in the lounge - in the cupboard sits the equiment all attached to a Panny tuner box, then the tuner cable, power lead and center speaker cable all run to the cabinet which can be wheeled out to the viewing position when required and totally hidden when not needed.

The whole thing uses RF recievers built into the movable cabinet so that you don't have to look at any of the equipment, and signals are sent down a fourth cable into an RF sender in the cupboard with the rest of the stuff (the Panny tuner of course using the RF reciever on the plasma).

Shame I haven't got any pictures....