• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KS9505 or Philips PUS7601?

Placebo1

Novice Member
I want a fald tv and here in Finland i could get the 65ks9505 at 2199€ and other choise is 65pus7601 1999€.

What i read is that peak brightnes is not nearly as good as ks9505, but it has much better local dimming and almost no blooming. Im cautious of the light bleeding and blooming of the ks9505. Is there a big difference and is the Samsung better tv overal?

I currently have ue65ks7005 and im taking it back because of the horrible clouding and blooming when wathing in darker room.

Should i take the Philips or the flagship Sammy?

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
What other options do you have on that price range over there? Plus or minus 500 euros
I am thinking 65xe90 and even 2016 lg Oled price allowing.

babator

Samsung has the wider colour gamut and gets brighter, more future proof for HDR use. FALD will make a big difference with hiding practically all clouding, so if you are happy with the Samsung motion in KS7005 go for it... unless you hate the curve.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Samsung has the wider colour gamut and gets brighter, more future proof for HDR use. FALD will make a big difference with hiding practically all clouding, so if you are happy with the Samsung motion in KS7005 go for it... unless you hate the curve.

+1 to that
I asked you to look at more recent options but for your choice, this Samsung hands down

Placebo1

Novice Member
Well that 2.2k is my maximum that i can pay. There isnt any other options at this price for a 65" VA panel than these two with fald. So you think Samsung would be better tv to get? Is there a big difference in blacks between the two?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom