KS9500 vs OLED902B vs OLEDB6

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for a new thead but I've managed to narrow my choices down to these 3.

Uses
-PC -Bluray sometimes via PC -4k video gaming -PC monitor

If someone could please link me some good deals, it'd be much appreciated.
I can get the
902B for 1.8k
OLED B6 2.4k

If anyone can beat those prices please let me know. Any suggestions?

and I've just realised the 9500 is curved so I have to rule that one out!

In daytime viewing, which set would be better?

Last edited:
Are you in belgium? Here in the UK you can get the DX-902 on ebay for £1.5 as a refurb. 65" of course. So that makes your price for the same tv pretty good.

Given your worry of image retention and the price hike you pay for OLEDs at 65" the 902 is probably your best bet.

KS9500 may be curved but I wouldn't worry about that, it is by far the better tv and will serve you best out of the above for daytime viewing.

The OLED does have better anti reflection filters vs the Panasonic but I don't think it is worth £600 extra.

The KS9500 is by far the better TV compared to the 902b? Really? 150 vs 500+ dimming zones ?

yeah the blind test for HDR. I wouldn't use that as evidence that one is better than the other IMO image quality wise.

I went with the 902B.

Too many reports on avsforums of burn in and IR. I've had my screen on youtube for an hour playing the same video on loop.. i cba to baby my 1k+ purchases. I need them to be usable and durable.

It is a better tv than the DX-902 and was also reflected in the price at launch vs the Panasonic. It's easy to see online if you search for reviews. DX-902>KS9500>ZD9.

Hopefully you will be happy with the Panasonic though, I only thought of the Samsung as you had mentioned reflections.

It is a better tv than the DX-902 and was also reflected in the price at launch vs the Panasonic. It's easy to see online if you search for reviews. DX-902>KS9500>ZD9.

Hopefully you will be happy with the Panasonic though, I only thought of the Samsung as you had mentioned reflections.

Hmmm I see! I have searched for reviews and I've only found the conclusion zd9> all.

I wouldn't use price as an indicator alone of quality personally!

I was just wondering spec wise if you had anything to explain why the ks9800 is so much better! Or personal experience. Basically anything but the shootout.

I can still return the set as it hasn't come yet haha so still open to suggestions trust me!

Did you read the reviews on HDTVtest for both models? The Panasonic was reviewed before the Samsung.

• Lower input lag
  • Better frame insertion
  • Brighter with HDR and more accurate mapping, especially with 4k nit masters
  • Best anti reflection filter on an LCD
  • Wider viewing angles (albeit still poor)
The Panasonic has it's upsides too though, better screen uniformity with HDR, partly due to more zones but also because it doesn't quite get as bright as the Samsung, although that is also dependant on the review sample and better colour accuracy, although I doubt its noticeable with 2-3%

Then there is the colour smearing on Panasonic models vs the micro stutter on Samsung models..But most people don't notice this so I don't want to start talking about something you likely won't notice.

No tv is faultless, sadly. I think you will be more than happy with the Panasonic and the Samsung generally is more expensive and curved.

It's crazy to see the prices on both these tv's now compared to a year ago. They are almost half the release price.

You are spot on and thanks for all your help!!

I think you hit the nail on the head with no TV is faultless at what they're advertising to do apart from maybe the ZD9 (ignoring viewing angles)

OLED = IR, Burn in, unsuitable for static content, expensive ontop of those flaws, HDR not as great as the LEDS
Panasonic = Glass screen, fans,
Samsung = Curved screen, questionable build quality, poor motion.

Then they all have their pluses such as infinite contrast, colour accuracy or anti glare reflection.

Given I did a quick google for the KS9500 and none are available from people who will offer a warranty and I keep reading lots about IR on OLEDs (and for the past hour on this TV I've displayed static bars horizontally and vertically with icons), the pana is my only choice.

My logic is with the pana being a bit cheaper, it gives me more room to justify an upgrade too in a year or twos time if I got the itch whilst if I sprung for a ZD9, it would be very hard to justify and I think diminishing returns more than kicks in.

It reminds me of cameras.
Canon refuse to do a 4k camera at a reasonable price.
Panasonic refuse to fix their autofocus.
Sony refuse to fix their lens pricing structure + battery life issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom