KS9000 WHATS THE BEST UPGRADE

daveydw

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been away from this forum for while i am looking to buy a new tv I have a samsung ks9000 55 what's the best reccomended upgrade available at this size
Thanks

That's a fairly recent TV from when OLEDs are available so assuming your reasons to go LCD are still valid then you'd be looking at Sony (XF90, XG95) or Samsung (Q70R, Q85R, Q90R) as nobody else is making high end LCDs more capable than your current one.

You’re not going to get a massive upgrade unless you get an oled. The KS still holds its own today.

You’re not going to get a massive upgrade unless you get an oled. The KS still holds its own today.

Are you thinking of the 9500? The lower KS-series models like the 9000 were edge-lit local dimming systems.

Don't know what to buy I haven't had a chance to look at any I might look at the oleds

Are you thinking of the 9500? The lower KS-series models like the 9000 were edge-lit local dimming systems.

No. All KS series were generally well reviewed, including the 9000. It’s difficult to definitively say that a fald set costing £800-1000 is a good upgrade across the board. It’ll have improved contrast and dimming but that’s about it.

I have been looking at the Panasonic gz950 would you say say this is a good upgrade in terms of picture quality etc to my 3 year old ks9000

Yes. Definitely. Infinite contrast ratio.
Do you know if the cantelever wall mount I have on my samsung will fit the Panasonic
Thanks

Attachments

• 20191024_191258.jpg
    20191024_191258.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 22
Don’t know. You’ll want to move it anyway as the mounting holes are lower down on all oleds.

Do you know if the cantelever wall mount I have on my samsung will fit the Panasonic
Thanks
Thanks the pana is 400 x 300 mine is 400 x 400 but it has multiple holes to adjust on the wall brackets

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom