• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ks8500 curved Top bezel frame loose

Hubbabubba

Novice Member
Hello everybody,
The screen on top end of the panel dissolved is maybe a feed long open a millimeter. I pushed it carefully back in place and I can feel it sticks for a moment but comes back out. A millimeter or so. I can see the backlight through it.
What can I do to keep it back on the frame?
Thank you guys.
KS8500/65/curved

Attachments

• IMG_20200818_091017.jpg
    IMG_20200818_091017.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 168

Hubbabubba

Novice Member
Hello everybody,
The screen on top end of the panel dissolved is maybe a feed long open a millimeter. I pushed it carefully back in place and I can feel it sticks for a moment but comes back out. A millimeter or so. I can see the backlight through it.
What can I do to keep it back on the frame?
Thank you guys.
KS8500/65/curved
Thank you guys so much for your help and advice. 👍🏻

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Is it in warranty? If it is, contact wherever you bought it.
If it's not in warranty you either call in a TV repair man or stick it back in with a couple of dabs of glue yourself.

pops107

Prominent Member
Hi

My old ks8500 did that down the side a little bit and had the same problem it seems to be stuck down with clips sticky tape of some sort from what I found

With mine been down the side I got some very thin twin sided tape and opened up the gap a little and slid it in, seemed to work ok but did not have TV much longer my brother has it now seems ok still though

It is worth checking warranty side of things before you go playing

Have you had a a repair done to it before, just thinking if anyone has had the back of it

Hubbabubba

Novice Member
Hi

My old ks8500 did that down the side a little bit and had the same problem it seems to be stuck down with clips sticky tape of some sort from what I found

With mine been down the side I got some very thin twin sided tape and opened up the gap a little and slid it in, seemed to work ok but did not have TV much longer my brother has it now seems ok still though

It is worth checking warranty side of things before you go playing

Have you had a a repair done to it before, just thinking if anyone has had the back of it
Thank you for your good ideas.
I also thought about but then a good friend told me to try first to carefully since the tape still sticks to heat it up with a heatgun carefully from the back my Wagner heatgun has 750/1500 watt I use 750 with good distance controlled with my finger all the time that I am not to going to hot then I put clamps on it carefully with a little pvc that I had laying around. I left that over night and it worked.its still sticks now for a week.

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_224117.jpg
    IMG_20200819_224117.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 150

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom