1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kruder & Dorfmeister: The K&D SESSIONS + some fav impulse buys. Techno/Dance

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by encaser, Sep 11, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I've had this since released and often wondered if anyone else has it? There a well known pair inside the biz and had some cuts of other stuff they've also mixed on the wireless.
    This is an excellant pair of discs with mixes of stuff for Depeche Mode, Roni Size and Bomb the Bass etc. CD1 is more groovesome with plenty of percussive tones (some used on ads/tv trailers) and CD2 more chilled.

Also a fave of mine, and another old impulse buy, is Textures by Darren Emerson and Alex Paterson. Disc one by Emerson is a real mood enhancer of a number which scales up and down the techno dance tree of mind fcuk with bits of industial sounds thrown in. With cuts from Moby, System 7 and Acid Junkies et al. While Paterson's disc is perhaps more visceral with, for example, a partial 'London suburb' conversation or cries of "War" and Watergate scandal, in the back drop to the hurly burly of the musical representation of that around. This has stuff by Aphex Twin, Skylab vs Deluxe and A Guy Called Gerald et al.

If you like hard house/techno, I'd recommend trying to get hold of Aura Surround Sounds collection discs with the likes of Dave Angel, Blokka and Dave Randall - the latter does two 30 minute tracks on the Aura Surround Soundbites Vol 3 which is superb. There are some real rave faves in these collections and bass neighbour/hurters.

Just a few of my Heaven Elementals:cool:

2. david plunkett

david plunkett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont worry Encaser I have a couple of there records in my collection, one is the dj kicks album and i forget thye name of the other.

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +999
    I've still got the white label of Textures on vinyl.
    Still spin it, too. Nice.

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
  5. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    The K&D sessions is a fantastic album. Any of the Peace Orchestra albums are worth a listen too - one of Peter Kruders side projects.