• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KRP-500a Calibration Help

Rotorsport

Standard Member
Hi,
I have just purchased an eye-one display LT and ran thru the greyscale calibration using HCFR only to find that the Blue is reading what I think is way too high.

The set is a Pioneer KRP-500a and is running in pure mode with all colours set at 0. This is my first attempt at doing this and I may be doing something wrong. I have read thru the greyscale for dummies guide and setup everything as per recommendation. The i1 is not new and I fear it may be way out of calibration.
Please see attachment and give me some feedback as to what the problem may be.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• hcfr graph.jpg
    hcfr graph.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Rotorsport

Standard Member
This was taken measuring 100% white running in pure mode which correct me if I'm wrong should be D65.

Last edited:

Rotorsport

Standard Member
Gordon,
Thanks for your input. I'm new to all of this and appreciate the help. What I'm trying to work out , is the i1 faulty. Below is an extract from Phil Hinton's review of the KRP-500 and based on this I was expecting the TV to be very close to D65 out of the box. I have tried two different sources and two test discs both of which gave similar results.
So just to recap I'm running the screen in pure mode with colour space 2 and gamma 2 and checking against the rec709 gamut. Am I still missing something here?

“Well the latest Pioneers have two colour space selections and in previous models [colour space 1] has been over saturated against the rec709 gamut and [colour space 2] under saturated. However it has changed slightly on the KRP-500A in Pure mode. Now in this selection [colour space 2] is exactly right when it comes to the rec709 gamut. So this is the only TV we have ever measured out of the box that has not only hit almost all the points for primary and secondary colours, but does so with an almost flat greyscale and temperature of almost bang on D65.”

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rotorsport

Standard Member
Well my suspicions were correct, the probe is faulty.

Rotorsport

Standard Member
I purchased a new one :thumbsup:

Canti1982

Let us know how you get on with the new one, Im tempted to get one myself. Currently trying to calibrate my 428xd with a spyder 3 borrowed from work but Im not sure how accurate it is. i have read that they can be hit and miss and dont work so well with Kuro's.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom