KRP - 500A (about to bite the bullet in the next 12 hours...)

bermudacfa

Standard Member
Hi, have been able to source a KRP 500A and am about to pull the trigger on it!!! :clap:

Any advice on what speakers and stand I should be getting with it ? I do have a yamaha soundbar , but at the moment that is being used with my Panny.

Also how does the warranty aspect for these tvs' work ? Based in Ireland, am sourcing it from the UK, does the warranty not apply here , the salesguy used the term "5 yr warrantly only valid in store" - what does that exactly mean ? He said it meant only valid in the UK - is that the correct intepretation ? For the current and recent buyers of the KRP , how does the warranty get documented ?

Appreciate your advice, am very excited.....:clap:

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi, have been able to source a KRP 500A and am about to pull the trigger on it!!! :clap:

Any advice on what speakers and stand I should be getting with it ? I do have a yamaha soundbar , but at the moment that is being used with my Panny.

Also how does the warranty aspect for these tvs' work ? Based in Ireland, am sourcing it from the UK, does the warranty not apply here , the salesguy used the term "5 yr warrantly only valid in store" - what does that exactly mean ? He said it meant only valid in the UK - is that the correct intepretation ? For the current and recent buyers of the KRP , how does the warranty get documented ?

Hi

"5 year warranty only valid in store" means exactly that. You have to purchase in store to qualify.

Baz

Dn100

Standard Member
Hi bermudacfa,

Mind me asking where you found this and how much for? I've also sourced one but want to see if i can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks!

Siochain

I got my 5090 in alliance electric in Dublin, He still has the krp500a listed on the website, they may be able to get you one, great customer service and 5 year guarantee, Ask for Mark,
Alliance Electric

Last edited:

bermudacfa

Standard Member
Hi bermudacfa,

Mind me asking where you found this and how much for? I've also sourced one but want to see if i can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks!

:) Am getting ripped off unfortunately , I know. Paying 3k for it. The dealer knows that there are barely any out there anymore...so........how much are you paying ?

bermudacfa

Standard Member
I got my 5090 in alliance electric in Dublin, He still has the krp500a listed on the website, they may be able to get you one, great customer service and 5 year guarantee, Ask for Mark,
Alliance Electric

Oh yea, Mark is very good. Have already tried Alliance, the website has the KRP 500A up , but as per Mark last week, he is all sold out. He had the 5090 which I almost bought, until I found the dealer in the UK who had the KRP. Thanks Siochain....

bermudacfa

Standard Member
Can I ask another silly qs..(paranoia setting in since am spending quite a bit...).

How does one know that one is getting a brand new set ?

I mean what makes me paranoid is that the KRP is virtually impossible to source, this dealer has them ( in fact apparently a new shipment of them this week - last shipment) and is selling me one....how do I know I am not getting a demo model or something ?

Apologies , I know silly qs,...but need reassurance....

All my dealing with him are over the phone...will be shipped down to me here in Dublin..so...how would one go about making sure its all kosher ?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

Surely the thread title "...about to bite the bullet in the next 12 hours"

and this bit above "and am about to pull the trigger on it!!!" are at odds with each other?

I mean...which is it? You are about to pull the trigger and bite the bullet once youve pulled it? Why all the suicidal references? :suicide:

Pull the trigger on it? Who fired the bullet? :suicide:

How odd! ;)

bermudacfa

Standard Member
Surely the thread title "...about to bite the bullet in the next 12 hours"

and this bit above "and am about to pull the trigger on it!!!" are at odds with each other?

I mean...which is it? You are about to pull the trigger and bite the bullet once youve pulled it? Why all the suicidal references? :suicide:

Pull the trigger on it? Who fired the bullet? :suicide:

How odd! ;)

paranoia and excitement...my friend lead to all these obscure references......:hiya:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
paranoia and excitement...my friend lead to all these obscure references......:hiya:

I think im especially pedantic today as this sentence doesnt make sense either if you read it carefully! :D

About your ex-demo set? question - ask in the Pioneer specific thread about how to check hours viewed so far - there is probably a way of finding out from service menu etc. Might be worth it! If I was spending that much Id definitely be checking this with a TV that isnt actually manufactured anymore!

Madian

To register your purchase - if you did get one you will have to:

A) register them on-line via the Pioneer Website, this will then give you a unique number
B) use this unique number on the warranty card(s) that the dealer provided to you - you keep one and one goes off to Pioneer
C) submit the warranty card, with your unique number and proof of purchase (use a photocopy as you do not get this back) and then send to Pionner

About a week later you will receive the 5 year warranty through - provided you had the in-store demo and qualified

simples

klythawk

Siochain

Oh yea, Mark is very good. Have already tried Alliance, the website has the KRP 500A up , but as per Mark last week, he is all sold out. He had the 5090 which I almost bought, until I found the dealer in the UK who had the KRP. Thanks Siochain....
I'm not going to question you on your grammar as others have. I'm sorry alliance were unable to source a krp for you. You're paying quite a bit more. It will be worth the cash though and and it's an amazing tv. I Doubt it's a demo model, the retailer you're purchasing the tv from would have to state if it was used so I don't think you need to be worried.:thumbsup:
ATB Sio

jawsorca

Standard Member
My 500a arrived today :clap::thumbsup::clap: ...(oops, I think I lost another bit of man juice!! :blush:)... looks brand new, fully boxed etc.:D

...I'm guessing you're looking at the same place I got mine from. 'Apparently' I had the last one, but as if by magic another one appears!!! Anyhow, grab it now before they bump the price up AGIAIN!!

aint set my bad-boy up yet as decorating for the occasion. :arty:

bermudacfa

Standard Member
To register your purchase - if you did get one you will have to:

A) register them on-line via the Pioneer Website, this will then give you a unique number
B) use this unique number on the warranty card(s) that the dealer provided to you - you keep one and one goes off to Pioneer
C) submit the warranty card, with your unique number and proof of purchase (use a photocopy as you do not get this back) and then send to Pionner

About a week later you will receive the 5 year warranty through - provided you had the in-store demo and qualified

simples

Panic!!

Need some advice....(the assistance and advice is much appreciated).

Just spoke to the dealer, he cannot provide the 5 year warranty with the KRP 500A, but can provide it for the 5090.

Based on my discussion with him, he mentioned that ;

- the KRP 500A comes with a manufacturers' 12 month warranty and that he cannot provide a 5 yr warranty with this even if I purchased in store as opposed to over the telephone. To cover the remainder I can purchase an after market warranty for an additional 300 GBP.

- the 5090 comes with the standard 12 mth warranty as well as the 5yr warranty which he will provide me with.

He seemed very genunine and was actually open to the idea of myself buying the 5090 which is circa 1000GBP less in price and obtaining the warranty or taking the KRP 500A with the 12 mth warranty ( and at my option going for the extended warranty or not).

Pls advise as to what I should be doing.:lease:

There have been some other members recently with the purchase of the KRP 500A, what are your experiences ?

Purple_Dave

Standard Member
Panic!!

Need some advice....(the assistance and advice is much appreciated).

Just spoke to the dealer, he cannot provide the 5 year warranty with the KRP 500A, but can provide it for the 5090.

Based on my discussion with him, he mentioned that ;

- the KRP 500A comes with a manufacturers' 12 month warranty and that he cannot provide a 5 yr warranty with this even if I purchased in store as opposed to over the telephone. To cover the remainder I can purchase an after market warranty for an additional 300 GBP.

- the 5090 comes with the standard 12 mth warranty as well as the 5yr warranty which he will provide me with.

He seemed very genunine and was actually open to the idea of myself buying the 5090 which is circa 1000GBP less in price and obtaining the warranty or taking the KRP 500A with the 12 mth warranty ( and at my option going for the extended warranty or not).

Pls advise as to what I should be doing.:lease:

There have been some other members recently with the purchase of the KRP 500A, what are your experiences ?

Not sure why your dealer is saying that he cannot offer the 5yr warranty.

My warranty card for my KRP-500A clearly says it covers all 9G Kuro models (KRP 500/600 & 5090/6090) as long as they were demonstrated and purchased in store.

Has he given you any explanation?

bermudacfa

Standard Member
Possibly sourced outside the UK???

What does that mean ? I just came across the term "grey imports" - I am not clear about what the term means and the implications of it ?

As of right now, have decided to purchase the KRP from Krishav; he is not offering the 5 yr warranty on this, have decided to go for the "after market warranty" instead.

What do you guys think ? Is this the right decision ?

Thanks

(btw, they have some more in stock)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom