KRL-37V or ex display pdp-4280xd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by jeerablade, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jeerablade

jeerablade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really need your help on this one. I can pick up both of the above for £900.Adding the 5 year warrnty on top would cover both. the thing i am confused over is I believe the KRL is newer than the PDP or is it? Given the choise which should i go for?
    I am a bit apprehensive as the Pioneer has probably been playing for some hours now( i will check via sevrice menu next time i am in), but would that really cause an issue? I have never really heard anyone say there screen has gone. Could someone please advise a newbie.
    If it helps, this is my first stepm down the AV route with hopefully one of the pioneer blu-ray payers added soon alons with sony str820 and some kefs. i will also have PC connnected soon along with SKY+ AND VBOX.:lesson::lease:

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,079
    Personally, I would strongly recommend that you go for the PDP-4280XD as that's one of Pioneer's Kuro plasma and is, in my opinion anyway, far better than anything else on the market.

Cheers,

Martin.

3. davidpfitz

davidpfitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Can't comment on the other one, but I recently got the KRL-37V and am extremely pleased with it.

4. HHenricksen

HHenricksen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - sorry I can't help advise you, but I'm very interested to know what choice you made? I'm looking at making the same decision, basically its an older HD-ready plasma vs a newer full-HD LCD. Did you find any head to head reviews of one Pioneer versus the other? I've read that at my viewing distance of about 8 feet I won't see much benefit in going full-HD so it may be that the better black levels of plasma will give the best overall result. I'd be interested in feedback you can give me over how you made your decision and how happy you are with the results.
    Cheers, Howie.

5. boxrick

boxrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    go for the plasma imho!

6. jeerablade

jeerablade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally bought the PDP. The decision was made for me by Pioneer when they annoounced that they were ceasing TV Manufacturing. The KRL may be good but I read so many reviews on the PDP, so I thought to myself lets go with a bang... after thoughts, not disappointed at all. This is an amazing screen. Thanks all.

7. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,079
    I have absolutely no doubt that you made the correct decision - enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.