KRK Rokit vs RCF Ayra

carloshenderson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Currently looking to add a pair of active 6" or 8" monitors for my DJ setup - I'm not a producer so this is just for DJ monitoring and some general listening at home.

Have found lots of (mainly positive) reviews of the KRK series but can't find much on the RCF Ayras.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts in general on either of these speakers? Pretty torn between the 6s and 8s, price isn't so much of an issue but just not sure if its worth having the extra bulk + cost of the 8s.

Have found lots of (mainly positive) reviews of the KRK series but can't find much on the RCF Ayras.

...which makes me wonder why you're considering the Ayras in the first place? Maybe you've heard them and been impressed?

I've no experience of either of these models but I think there are better reviewed examples of studio monitors with 8" bass/mid units than the Ayras and at a lower price. SOS review the 5" version of the Ayras and it's only OK. Just about everyone seems fond of the KRK Rokit RP6. How about these cheaper, 8" alternatives:

Buy ESI Aktiv 08 - Single | Music Matter

Studiospares Aktiv8 Pair of 8" Active Monitors at Studiospares

Behringer Truth B1031A (Pair)

M Audio S/Phile Bx8A Pr at Studiospares

I know that Studiospares own brand active studio monitorss can offer exceptional value - their Active8's could be a bit special? Personally, I'd need a good reason to spend more for your application.

...which makes me wonder why you're considering the Ayras in the first place? Maybe you've heard them and been impressed?

A friend who works in the business suggested I look at the RCFs as an alternative to the KRKs as he thought they sounded better for similar money. I'm also able to get the RCFs for £309 vs the £399 retail price so just seems like a good option.

+ I think they look nicer! (I know, I know!)

I reckon anything in that range will be more than good enough for my requirements, was just wondering if anyone else had experience with either.

Thanks for your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom