1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krish AV

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackmanalishi, Dec 7, 2004.

1. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Anyone used Krish AV, and if so what experience have you had?

I'm considering buying a PW7 from them as the price is fantastic, however despite being great at responding to phone calls and e-mails, they're maintaining a "no returns" policy, even if it's damaged/faulty when I first set it up. I'm keen to put business their way but would like some testimonials from previous customers before I feel comfortable doing so!

:thumbsup:
    Ta
    Ads
    www.blackmanalishi.com

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  3. PTG

PTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Second that Leigh.

Ordered mine from AV Sales Tues and arrived Fri. Delivery guy even helped me unpack the panel to make sure it wasn't damaged before he left. :smashin:

Well chuffed ;)

4. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Have bought from Krish in the past and had no problems with them at all.

One thing is double check that it's UK stock as this will affect your warranty...I know they sell a fair amount of grey import stuff...which is fine just make sure you know the score.

But I would have to say if I were to be buying a plasma I would need a seriously good reason not to buy from AV Sales, Liam @ Progressive AV or Joe @ The Media Factory plus a few others who will give you outstanding service.

Cheers, Lee

5. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a projector from them after they assured me it was UK stock.

When it arrived it did not have a power cable. I tested it with a different cable and the projector was faulty.

When I rang them they said that when their projectors arrive at their store they have to take the European cable out and replace it with a UK cable. They said they must have fogotten to put the UK cable in.

If it was a UK model then they would not have had to do this.

Even though I returned the projector because it was both faulty and not as described they still charged me for the return.

I would stay well clear.

6. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Todda, I am quite sure that under the "Distance Selling Regulations" that you were entitled to a full refund including the delivery charge.

The retailer should have arranged for collection of the faulty goods, or at least refunded an additional amount equal to what it cost you to return the item.

BTW, sometimes equipment for the UK and Europe are identical apart from the mains lead.

7. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The equipment might be the same but the warranty situation may well be different.

AFAIK the European Panny's do not have a swap out warranty only RTB.

Cheers, Lee

8. stumpy_uk

stumpy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    go with av sales, the extra cost is worth it for peace of mind

9. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    If a product is covered by "European Guarantee", I was under the impression (from Pioneer) that the guarantee is identical, but an individuals additional Legal Rights may differ depending in which country you live.

loonatic has a fair point though, if in doubt, always check with the company first on the guarantee situation.

10. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for the info guys.

As it happened I kept searching and found an even better price from a company with a much better returns policy (www.buyyourav.com) - when I rang them they even gave me a discount on the delivery cost as I bought a Pioneer DCS-323 Home Cinema kit at the same time.

So:

37" PW7 with SCART terminal
    Extra Composite/S-Video terminal
    Pioneer DCS 323

... all for a total of £1880 inc delivery . Can't really complain at that.

11. brackenlamb

brackenlamb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the only thing i used krish for was in a price match at john lewis,Buying a viera..

12. astirling

astirling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I ordered my Pioneer AX5i from Krish. I received excellent service. They phoned an hour after placing my order to thank me and confirm that my item would be delivered the following day by CityLink.

13. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve

It was worses than that. They did arrange collection, and then took money out of my account without my permission.

I quoted many regulations to them but they just refused to refund the money. I know I should have pushed it further on general principal.

14. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Sorry to hear that Todda.

I fairly recently had a similar case, were the retailer refused to refund anything for a faulty spare part he supplied.
    I contacted the local Trading Standards office who were very helpful. In the end (a couple of months on), I said to the retailer in a letter, if I didn't receive a full refund by a certain date, the next they would hear about the matter would be from the County Court. A few days later I received a full refund including all postal costs.

Like you say, it’s a matter of principal.

Sorry it's a bit off topic, but I think it's worth mentioning. Fortunately I've have found the vast majority of retailers great to deal with.

15. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  16. Kell

Kell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased my PW7 from Krish and the service and delivery was excellent.

17. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    A "European Gaurantee" would be a manufacturer specifically outlining that in all EU countries they will always offer X, Y, and Z should a warranty situation arise.e.g. anywhere in Europe NEC projectors will be swapped-out next day if faulty, for a period of thrree years. Epson projector warranty is not next-day, but is worldwide!

A product bought in Europe must have a minimum one-year return-to-base warranty, so expect this amount of cover but no more on a euro imported product. This means paying a lot of money should you need to ship an imported plasma to it's manufacturer and back again.

Most manufacturers offer UK customers (from UK stock) a one-year (or more for Tosh, NEC, Fujitsu) *on-site* warranty, meaning they cover return costs should a problem arise - which will be expensive for a plasma...

18. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    AT £1399 for a 37" PW7 it seems too good and Krish AV are only 10 miles away so I could collect!

What is the difference between the pw7 and the pw7b?

Thanks

Barry

19. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Not sure about there web operation but as a local store they are excellent.

20. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The http://www.buyyourav.com link definitely works now - it was offline for about 10 mins yesterday just after I posted.

They've been extremely helpful so far - but I'll reserve further judgement until I've received the goods... :smoke:

Beejay: One thing to remember about Krish is that you don't get ANY terminal boards with it for free, which is why mine worked out cheaper with BuyYourAv because a SCART terminal came free with it. The terminals are £130 each and you will probably want two - SCART and one other, e.g. composite.

My plasma alone including delivery would have been £1730 from Krish (which is still very good but their returns policy did bother me), whereas it came to £1664 from BuyYourAv even though the advertised price is £100 more than Krish, because you get a free SCART terminal. Returns policy looks better too - and they gave me a discount on delivery etc when I rang them and bought the Home Cinema Kit, and offered to upgrade me to the Multi Region version too...

The difference between the PW7s is this:

The PW7B is the standard silver model aimed at consumers (also known as the PW7)
    The PWD7 is the black model aimed at commercial customers. I read a post from Joe Fernand which mentioned a different spec for this model (twin digitizers as opposed to single in the consumer version I think), however when I asked AV Sales about this they knew nothing about it and said they believed the only difference was cosmetic. They explained the price difference by telling me that the screens come from different sources as one is designed for commercial customers. Up to you what you believe, but providing PIP works as advertised on the consumer model, which I've ordered, I'll be chuffed. Silver is the new black after all... :D

Good luck!

21. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got an e-mail from Krish AV today that said:

"dear barry - it is a genuine UK model TH37PW7BX - x1scart terminal board supplied within the price, goods are sold out until nxt monday when more screens will be available."

So that to me says it is UK stock and it comes with one board supplied.

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a Grey import and a Uk model? and what is the difference between the TH37PW7BX and the TH37PW7B that AV Sales are selling?

If this deal is for real it is very good!

22. astirling

astirling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Can I also recommend http://www.letsgodigital.co.uk/

I spent most of yesterday attempting to buy a pioneer PDP 435XDE. Firstly I tried www.av-sales.com. They happily took my order over the phone. When I enquired about delivery they told me that they didn't actually have the TV in stock. I asked when it was coming in and they said they didn't know. I asked if they could check for me and they took a number and said they'd phone back. I asked if that would be relatively shortly and she said, "maybe tomorrow as it was hard to get through on the number." I cancelled at this point.
    I then tried digital direct. Again they took the order and payment details before informing me that the TV was out of stock. They were 'hopefully' getting them in later this week. When i enquired about delivery they said, "7-10 days" at which point I cancelled my order.
    Finally I phoned LetsGoDigital. He told me they had the TV in stock so I purchased it. For the TV and Stand it was actually a little cheaper than the other stores. I enquired about delivery and the told me it would be with me today. I asked about the cost of delivery and was informed it was included in the price.

Came home today to a nice big tele :D

23. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beejay, glad you're getting a good deal, but I bet you a pound to a penny that if you're getting a SCART terminal included in the price it's not the £1399 advertised on Krish's website - I spoke to them earlier this week and got e-mails from them too, and that price was definitely without any terminals other than the standard PC input. If the £1399 price DOES include a SCART, I would be suspicious of it being UK stock because my friend works in the trade and said that the price Panasonic sell to traders like him was more than that so they would be making a loss on them at that rate!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them whatsoever and they were extremely helpful and quick to respond to my queries, but the fact that they had a no returns policy (therefore if it arrived and was damaged or faulty you would only be covered by a return to base manufacturer's warranty) put me off...

Hope it all goes well for you (in fact, I hope it all goes well for me too, mine's not due to arrive til Friday!).

:)

24. teoterone

teoterone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh I got mine from digital-point.co.uk after av-sales told me they didn't have them in stock (but i did get the wall bracket off them), ordered monday night got it today along with the wall bracket(lucky!).
    :clap:

25. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Under the sales of goods act I would be surprised if a no returns poilicy is even legal.

26. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Certainly under the "Distance Selling Regulations" it isn't.

You have seven days from receiving the item to say that you are returning it, as long as it is in its original condition. You may be obliged to pay the postage in this case.

27. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely, I knew that it wasn't legal, but if a retailer isn't prepared to accept that, it can prove difficult if the situation arises, and I'd rather not have to worry about that when purchasing such a fragile, expensive item...

Would have gone for a John Lewis price match if I could have, but they don't sell plasma without tuners any more so could have only gone for the Viera, and decided against it after much consideration.

:)

28. spencer

spencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few months ago I was after a Silver PW6. After reading all the post on this forum I decided to try AV sales, but at this time they had ran out of silver models. I tryed a number of local retailers, none of which could match AV-sales price or any other web price. The nearest reasonable retailer I could find was Krish. Krish promised me it was a UK model and price matched digital-point. In fact 10 minutes after placing the order, digital point increased the price, but Krish still honoured the cheaper price.

Being wary of Krish and due to delivery difficulties I decied to pick the screen up myself. I then checked it over in the shop and also tested it. I also cross referenced all part numbers against the screen, box and instructions and it was a UK model.

When I picked it up there were about 8 other PW6's in the shop ready for delivery, all of which had different European codes on them i.e. "EX". So I am very glad I picked it up myself, as I may have been delivered a non UK model.

29. PannyAdams

PannyAdams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    OK.....I'm picking up my Panny TH-37PW7BX from Krish on Saturday morning.

Can anybody tell me how I identify whether it is a UK or European model.

Krish have been excellent. I have been assured that they have a 30 day return policy on faulty goods. That it does come with a Scart board and that it is a UK model.

If I get and it is I'll be like a p1g in ****!

Now.......what pedestal stand to buy - I quite like the Unicol any recommendations?

30. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Just make sure it's a TH-37PW7BX or TH-37PW7B and not a TH-37PW7EX or TH-37PW7E and you'll be fine...you could also check thata it has the UK warranty card inside the box as well as the European warranty information.

Take some change with you too as the only parking nearby is on a meter unless you take a risk and park outside on the double-yellow's.

Cheers, Lee