Krell 300i - good value at £1100?

witters

I've read lots of good reviews about this and have been offered one for £1100. It's mint with box etc.

Is this a good deal?

P.S. I've just bought it anyway, so please don't tell me it's garbage:D

alexs2

As you've bought it,I'll say this...you'll enjoy it very much....bags of power and control,and plenty of reserve.

At £1100,it's a good buy,so all in all,you've done very well,and should have plenty to enjoy over Xmas.

witters

Well I did buy it after a small audition so it wasn't a blind buy. The original UK list price was £2800 by all accounts and I've seen them go on Ebay for upto£1300.

alexs2

I think you've paid a good,fair price for the 300i.....a lot of things on ebay tend to go for slightly inflated prices once a couple of people get bidding against each other.

As to the amp itself,it's obviously not going to be in quite the same league as their Class A offerings,but it is vastly better than most other integrated amps,and especially at that price.

simon1967

Originally posted by witters
I've read lots of good reviews about this and have been offered one for £1100. It's mint with box etc.

Is this a good deal?

P.S. I've just bought it anyway, so please don't tell me it's garbage:D
Does that mean that your 507 is up for grabs? ;)

just testing the waters

simon

AV Geeza

Novice Member
I had this amp for a couple of years and I think its excellent, particularly at the price you paid for it.

The only thing is I think you need to be careful about not partnering it up with forward sounding equipment as it maybe a little in yer face!! Not Naim kinda in yer face, but still quite forward IMO.

Just had a look at your sig and the system seems well balanced IMO.

Enjoy!

GaryG

Music: Krell KAV-300i Amp, Meridian 507 CD, Kef Reference One-Two Speakers, QED XT-400 & Nordost Blue Heaven I/C.
Meridian, Krell, KEF... we have a lot in common. I mentioned 'Translucent' interconnects in another thread, they were a very noticeable improvement on Blue Heaven, @£80/m and a money back guarantee it's worth giving them a try.

witters

Bugger - just bought the Blue Heaven's off the classifieds. Still I'm always game for a change:cool:

I must say the more I listen to the Krell, the more impressive it is. I've moved up from a Cyrus 8 which I thought was pretty good, but the Krell is on a different level altogether. Stacks more detail and the soundstage is immense.

GaryG

The only other 'cheap' suggestion I have is CableTalk Concert speaker cable, it has the 'open' treble of a silver cable but much more bass weight, ideal for an amp like the Krell.

ditton15

Standard Member
Bugger - just bought the Blue Heaven's off the classifieds. Still I'm always game for a change:cool:

I must say the more I listen to the Krell, the more impressive it is. I've moved up from a Cyrus 8 which I thought was pretty good, but the Krell is on a different level altogether. Stacks more detail and the soundstage is immense.
so why

http://www.adverts.hififorsale.com/vardet.asp

kill3r

Banned
Still I'm always game for a change:cool:
LOL, barely a day goes by that your name isn't attached to a sale on either eBay, forums or newsgroups :D

A quick question: do you honestly ever hang on to any item of kit long enough to actually use it?

witters

Having listened to the Krell almost non-stop for the past few days I have to agree with Av geeza. It does have a slightly forward presentation which is not to my taste. I bought it with a mind to try and sell it on if I didn't like it.

Is that OK with everybody?:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom