1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kramer and Co. HELP! HS10 via powerstrip :(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rsvrmille, Aug 12, 2003.

1. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last night i sweated pints trying to get this thing to work (my cinema room is on the 3rd floor of a brand new very warm house!)

Ok, after trawling the forums, i duly installed powerstrip. I set up a custom monitor driver based on the recommended settings
    • Horiz res: 1366
    • Vert res: 768
    • Horiz refresh: 45 Khz (this shows up as 35! on the PJ)
    • Vert refresh: 56 Hz
    • H-sync: negative
    • V-sync: negative

I have an ATi Hercules 9800 pro. Connecting via dvi-dvi

Now running in std 1024x768 mode everything is fine, desktop is fine and PJ accepts it as 1024x768.

When I up the resolution (1280x768 is the highest I can go - why not 1366x768?) in the settings for the graphics card it changes the resolution to 1280x768 but in the advanced tab the ati control panel under "displays" shows that the output is 800x600 and lo and behold the PJ thinks its 800x600 too. I now have to scroll around the desktop to see it all.

What is going wrong? Why does the graphics card only have 1280x768 available? Do i need to tweak the graphics card? Also even though the PJ is native 1366x768 why does it switch to 800x600 in the ati control panel?

CONFUSED AND DAZED.

Any help of fellow vs10 HCPC owners much appreciated.

The picture in 1024x768 was good (except star wars 2 for some reason which seemed a little out of focus?):confused:

2. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kramer et al, helpppp plllleaaassseee

from what i can gather from additional scouring today I need to check that i have unticked the hide modes this monitor cannot display box and go through the powerstrip process again where i enter the timings in.

abracadabra it should all work. sort of. ahem. coat

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Let us know if you succeed.

4. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pasting the resolution and timings bit did the trick. The picture does look a bit "pale" at the moment but hopefully some tinkering should sort it.