1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kp44px2 problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mickey, May 25, 2003.

1. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    hi just a quickie about a blue ghosting problem on my tv , i cannot remove it even if i turn off the blue drive and cut off in the service menu , is this a serious problem? or maybe something that can be cured by other means rather that electrical setup, looks to me like the blue is maybe not really in focus like when something goes all fuzzy when out of focus then turns into a nice sharp image when brought into focus(grasping at straws?) . any opinions appreciated. there are some pics here www.hanv.freeserve.co.uk to show you what i mean about the ghosting. cheers for any advice.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it across the whole of the screen?

If so the blue focus pot needs adjusting..

You don't want to adjust the CUT & DRV settings- put them back! (I hope you've wrote down the original values)

My Tosh RP looks like that (but much much less so) on the far left.

Oh it could be also the blue lens requires re-focussing, however the blue focus pot (usually behind the speaker grille) is the most easiest to get access to.

Bring up the blue convergence grid, and adjust the blue focus pot until it's the sharpest. You'll need to reconverge your screen for each aspect mode & display type (PAL & NTSC) what fun! :D

If that's not enough then the blue lens needs adjusting as well.

Read here for more info...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81122&highlight=focus

3. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i AGREE WITH PREVIOS EPOSTER, IT IS DEFFINATLY A CONVERGANCE PROBLEM,

i did have the SOny Kp41ds1u, and any slight klnock on the tv would knock the convergance out, and i would have to bring up the cross and converge all colours again,
    the trouble with having kids!