1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KP44PX2 picture question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Stella'd, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Stella'd

Stella'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my first RP - the 44PX2 arrived last week.
    Early days but so far very impressed and what a looker ! Well, very impressed apart from….

Whilst looking at the on-screen Sky Guide I noticed that down the far right hand side of the screen for a width of 9-10 inches the picture definition seems to be ever so slightly softer/less sharp, almost if not 100% in focus when compared to the rest of the screen ?
    After further inspection it is now also noticeable when viewing DVDs.

Has anyone got any ideas what’s causing this and any suggestions on how I could possibly rectify ? (service menus, etc.?)

Thanks !

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got a speaker to close to the set?Try the auto convergance,it may help.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was the same but i only noticed it on teletext. after pushing auto convergence the problem went

hth
    shaun

4. Stella'd

Stella'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

I have my front speakers (Mission FS2-AV ) on stands either side of the TV (about a 2 inch gap) - I don't really have the room to move them further away, plus I like how it looks :cool:
    If the speaker is a possible cause, should I not expect to see the same problem with the picture on the left hand side ?

I have already tried the auto convergence twice, but it didn't clear the problem.....oh well 3rd time lucky! (I hope it works, cos I really don't want to move those speakers :( )

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    speakers should not cause a problem with an RP set. Try the auto convergence again

shaun

6. Stella'd

Stella'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the auto convergence again last night. I did this a number of times and on each occasion I had the room lights set at different levels, (worth a try ??). On the last attempt the picture did seem slightly better, however not cured.
    Problem is, although only very slight I know it's there and now can't help constantly looking at that area of the screen :mad:

Any other ideas guys......please.

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get an engineer ASAP or get the set replaced!!!

8. ajbm325ic

ajbm325ic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have a problem with the PX2 picture being cropped sideways, I seem to lose the edges of any text, titles etc?
    Don't mean to hijack another question- just looking for other PX2 owners.

9. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you should say that as I noticed it last night. I use "wide" mode. When I switched to 4;3 mode the text was all there. What do you have yours set to

shaun