1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KP44PX2 lines

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rdt123, Jan 5, 2003.

1. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi all,

Just took delivery of this set... WOW!!
    excellent piece of kit except one problem.

When playing lord of the rings dvd, vertical static lines are visible down the screen, there are about 8 sets of three at precise intervals across the screen. They are not visible untill an area of the screen is partially in the dark. They are not visible at all at other times even with rf signals! only dvd. Using jvc player with monster scart cable, any advice would be much appreciated.

Rob

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds like a scart problem to me! i aint got this problem with my px2. is it like this on all discs or just this one? is it an ntsc disc?

hth
    shun

3. Robson

Robson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I have the 44PS2 and not PX2 mine has the vertical lines too. They're very faint on most images but are most apparent on analogue esp. when watching football?.

Also they show up well when the menu is onscreen and appear as light grey vertical lines against the grey menu.

Hopefully these are normal as I don't fancy phoning Sony again :(

4. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    its strange
    untill sky install this week i have an ariel extension running 20ft across the room but the picture quality is excellent and the lines cannot be seen at all, and are not apparant on the menu. i've tried adjusting the brightness and contrast which does affect how pronounced they are. you know what its like though, im spending more time looking at them, or for them than watching the film

5. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Well well well....

a development. I plugged my xbox into the a/v amp and although the general dvd playback was poor the lines have gone, same leads except the one from the dvd to amp, looks like the players to blame