1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KP44PS2 Setup Query(s)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dodocream, Mar 28, 2002.

1. dodocream

dodocream

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Peeps,

Just a quick question about the Sony KP44PS2 RPTV. I've had it for a couple of month now but can't help but feel that the picture looks a little.....odd. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is though think that the problem may possibly lie in the fact that I have hardly changed the factory defaults re.

Brightness
    Contrast
    Sharpness etc.

Can anyone else who has the TV (or any other Sony (pref. RP) TVs recommend a decent value for all of these. And do you have yours on DRC-100 or reg. 100Hz - to be honest, I can't really notice much of a difference between them on Sky Digital (haven't sorted out a new DVD player yet).

One final query - when I first set it up I managed to put all the menus in German (!!). My German's actually OK so I haven't botehred changing it yet but it's starting to get pretty annoying - anyone got step by step instuctions for how to change it back to English (these can be in either language!).

Cheers in advance,

DDC

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously thinking about this Sony Model. I have seen it in various shops, and the picture completly destroys the opposition
    tosh etc.

its quite amusing to see these sets in the different stores, set up so differently

eg. in the new Comet in Huddersfield yesterday the 44" Looked to have a stunning picture,
    yet I saw the same model in the Guiseley Retail park this afternoon and it looked a dreadful picture. and the assistant saw me Looking at the rear projection models,

he shuffled upto me and said
    " I.ll give you a tip mate" "dont touch rear projections with a bargepole".

they all get screen burn, which i knew about before, but he showed me 3 of the Toshiba,s which all did have screen burn.

so it put me off a bit, but at the end of the day the 44" sony is a fabulous TV.

so any 44" Sony owners whats the deal. should I but it or not.

and just to add. the Toshiba,s are not even in the same street compared to the Sony.