1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KP44-PS2 Its arrived

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NewBeetle, Feb 7, 2003.

1. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    OMG this TV rocks, I am so pleased with it. It looks fantastic even switched off! The bulid is so much better than the PX2 I was planning on getting. Analogue picture is really good. Only digital source I have at the moment is my portable DVD looks naff through red/yellow/white but big improvement through S Video, looks and sounds great.

As for the set being graded stock , it looks and works brand new.

My mate came round earlier and is allready thinking of ordering one.

Any questions, I will try and answer.

I Can't belive this only cost £999 !

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    do you have Sky digital if so what does it look like on both premium channels and low bit rate like bravo etc. Also if possible please view some football and give comments

3. topgooner

topgooner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hows it looking m8 ,brightness etc i bet fat pat in eastenders was scary

4. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey Newbeetle,are you still happy with your sony after a few hours watching it?what is the best points and whats disappoint you up to now.

5. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    **Update**

Just watched the soaps through analogue antenna, my signal isn't really up to much but it still looked fine. Big Pat was kinda scary:rolleyes:

In the process of deciding wether to get a Freeview box mainly for a digital feed of the noraml BBC and ITV etc. Anyone comment on how good the picture is with these and a new antenna?

One of the things that has impressed me is the sound qulaity for built in speakers they image really well and have plenty of bass.

After the soaps we watched Oceans Eleven on DVD really quite outstanding to watch such a huge picture in my own living room:clap: But saying that I am going to get me a Toshiba 220e (possibly tommorow, as my portable player that I am using now through S video isn't really doing my new baby justice).

So lots of plus points, only one little minus so far. The blue seems to go slightly off convergance. A quick press of the auto converge button sorts it out, but a couple of hours later it seemed out again? Maybe just settling in.

I cannot say how good the set looks in the flesh, the design and build is 10 times better than all the other TV's I was considering including the newer PX2 and all the toshibas (which look like 80's Pub TV's).

6. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sound good to me.thanks for the info Newbeetle.

7. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28

I'd agree with that.....evern thow i went for the Tosh 42 over the PX2 (Thought the pic on the tosh looked better than the sony, to me)...but once the film is on and the lights are down low....i just look at the screen and not the TV......its just a pain, when watching sky........then you get the "sitting in the pub" feeling...cause the lights are up high and you can see that crap bottom part of the tosh.

8. topgooner

topgooner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hows it going newbeetle first impressions favourable,mrs is coming round 2 agreing 2 get 1 so any info gladly received

9. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    Well I got me a multi region toshiba 220e DVD player yesterday and a decent scart lead. Running on RGB its looking damn fine. Linked up to my Arcam Delta bridged amps in stereo until I decide what i am doing Surround Sound wise.

All in all I am very happy, and I really can't quite believe this cost me so little.

Analogue is a little ropey but it was on my 29" 4:3 sony aswell, you just notice it a little more something so huge. It looks fantastic in my front room, a real stylish addition rather than a huge monstroserty(sp?).

Considering a digital source of some kind for my TV viewing.

PS. My wife absolutely loves this TV:clap:

10. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered one yesterday,and will be deliver by friday.can't wait.

11. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    Daddo, a couple of pieces of advice:

1: Ring the courier and make sure of the exact date. I was told by the shop it would be friday so I took the day off, rang the courier to check and they said it wouldn't be with me till monday. I explained though about time off and they arranged for the friday (very helpful)

2: Eat your weetabix, only one delivery guy and this thing weighs about 13 stone, and the box is big enough to house 12 illegal immigrants!

3: Enjoy:clap:

12. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice new beetle.have you still got the courier phone no. by any chance?
    whats the picture quality like in day light?i assume the picture quality would be great in the dark.do you have your tv set at 50mhz or 100 mhz? or do they look the same.

13. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    I can't find the phone number right now but my wife may still have it. A quick call to Robert Whyte sales dept will get you the number. As for the picture in daylight its easily as bright as a regular CRT, no problem at all.

I have the set switched to 100htz with the DRC 100 switched on This is one of the features they left out on the cheaper PX2. It is suppossed to create extra pixels around each real pixel to create the illusion of a better picture, this seems to clean up my poor analogue signal pretty well. There is noticalble flicker on 50htz when you have a very a bright background.

14. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    Heres a pic of my new toy.

[​IMG]

15. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got to say it looks the part.considering it only cost just over £1000.will ring them tomorrow to get the no.
    I'm glad you found the right tv .:smashin:

16. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    Its funny those small looking floorstanders are Tannoy Revolution R3's anyone that knows their speakers know these are really pretty big. Look small next to a 44":hiya:

17. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at the moment i got my toshiba 32" with dolby digital 5.1 built in.Is the Sony sound quality good as it is or do you think i need to up-grade the sound system?

18. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    To be honest its the best sounding TV I have ever had. (built in speakers are never really that good).

At the moment I am through Arcam amps in stereo but once you see the screen with a decent DVD you will want real cinema sound to match it.

So at the moment I am looking for an AV reciever and speaker package.

19. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    new Beetle, how are you finding DVD pictures via RGB, and again 50 vs 100hz??

Thanks.

20. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    I just have it set on 100htz DRC, I assume thats what its on for DVD aswell? Using RGB with a half decent scart lead. Seems tip top to me.

One thing I will say that using DVD's from 3/4 years ago the pic on later ones is much better. I guess you notice more on a screen this size.

21. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    NewBeetle. Can i blame you if it all goes wrong?
    I couldn't hold on any longer. Decided to take the plunge and order this fantastic looking TV. As you have said yourself what an amazing price! (Tesco online are still selling this same TV for nearly £2600!!!)
    Will let you know how i get on.
    Will have to call RW on Wed/Thu to confirm delivery. I live in Scotland so delivery should only be a couple of days? (assuming they are shipped from RW in Glasgow):smashin:
    I have previously purchased a SONY graded TV (kv28fx65 for £599) before with no problems. So fingers crossed...

22. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    If your experience is like mine you should have no problems at all:cool:

Good luck

ps: no you cant blame me if it all goes tits up:lesson:

23. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, the TV is coming. Due to be delivered next Friday but have just had a call asking if i would like it delivered on Wednesday. What do you think i said?
    Can't wait.
    God, i am nearly 33 and i feel as excited as i did when i was a small boy at Xmas. Do we ever grow out of this?
    Must add that customer service (so far, hope i don't regret mentioning this!) has been great.
    I guess the real test comes if i have a problem with the TV.
    So far so good...:clap:
    Mant thanks again for this info newbeetle:smashin:

24. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mind came yesterday.everything is fine except the colour breed problem, there is a blue outline on the white lines or letterings against a dark back ground.tried the auto convergence,but did not help.any ideas how to get rid of it?

25. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi daddo, i have the newer version of the PS2 (the KP44PX2) and have a similar problem but with reds. If I have red lettering on the screen then the colour bleeds into the white background. I'm almost certain this isn't a convergence problem as it doesn't give the same effect. I've asked about this problem time and time again on these forums but get nowhere. Admittedly, this is a small defect on an otherwise top tv, but it would be nice to get the problem sorted.

Pete.

26. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

the pX2 is my 4th rp set. None of the past rp sets had perfect convergence. The problem you talk about (blue/red overlapping) is common to probably all rp tvs. You will have to go on the service menu to ajust the convergence settings to try and solve this. If I was you I would leave well alone and enjoy it the way it is

hth
    shaun

27. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the responses.I think like you said that the bleeding on the edge on some objects are acceptable.As long as i'm not the only one with this problem.I am really impress with the picture quality of the 44" Sony.With the light off and sit close to it,its like watching a cinema screen.I now know i made the right discision going for the Sony.

28. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    LOL this is cool:clap:

We will be able to start an owners club soon.:smashin: (joking)

So am I the only one that got it for £999? Whichever its still a bargain at £1099:smashin:

29. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi newbeetle.
    I think you are the only one who got it for £999.
    I paid £1099 (+delivery) but like you say, still a great bargain:D :D :D