1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kp44 ps2 centre speaker upgrade

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chancha, May 9, 2005.

1. chancha

chancha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    guys, has anyone thought about upgrading their centre speaker on their tv for
    something like a mission 77c or something thereabouts..... need another centre speaker but this set already has one BUT rated at 30w... and having set it up for music I just about blew the thing up tonight forgetting about the wattage rating........... also it would look a lot better without a centre in front of it with something a bit more benefitting behind it............ :hiya:

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    You may be able to change the internal speakers for some better rated car speakers although you may have to watch the ohm rating. You will almost certainly have to re-converge the TV as the speakers will have a different magnets so will pull the convergence out differently to what is already in there. Note the internal speakers are not shielded. Not sure how much you are going to gain but if you are willing to take the set apart and re-converge then you may be pleasantly surprised. I seem to remember someone else commenting that they were using the internal speakers to good effect (they had mission left rights and he reckons it intergrated well) may have been "bobones".
    Have a look at some of my posts for some good tweaks for this TV