KP-53S4U convergence using service menu

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by djhavor, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djhavor

djhavor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there.

I realise this is somewhat of an old-school telly to be asking about (what with all these young whipper-snapper KDFE42A12Us knocking around) but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I've recently inherited (quite literally) one of these beasts and am very happy with it. The only issue I have is that the convergence seems to be off. It's fine in the centre of the screen but really quite far out around the edges and especially in the corners. I realise a bit of de-convergence around the periphery is inevitable with sets like these, but I've also been told that it's possible to do a 'full-screen' convergence using the service menu (the standard menu only allows you to converge using a cross in the centre of the screen).

I have a service manual but it's pretty technical. Can anyone offer any pointers on converging the set using the service menu? Is it even worth it (ie will I see a noticable improvement by doing it)?

I'm not really in a financial position to replace the telly, so would really appreciate any hints on how to maximise what I've got :lease: .

:thumbsup:

Many thanks,

Djhavor.

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    If you have the service manual you should find something like the projector engine. Is there a section for this

3. djhavor

djhavor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the reply, Scooby.

I think I was being unrealistic asking for an 'idiot's guide' to convergence. I had the manual as a PDF and it looked horrendously complex but I printed it out last night and after studying it for a while, I reckon I'm on my way.

Hurray!

MODS: Please close this thread - I think I have all the info I need.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,310
    Closed as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.