Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

koyaanisqatsi, powaqqatsi and?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, May 19, 2004.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    First, there was Koyaanisqatsi (brilliant), then there was Powaqqatsi (again, brilliant) and I'v just been told that another film naqaatsi (that may have been spelt wrong) has been released themed around technology - has anyone checked this out yet? I'd love to hear a few viewpoints before I scrape my wallet out.

2. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Naqoyqatsi - Life as war.

I was quite disapointed with it. Loved the first two films, the photography is amazing especially with the time lapse footage - but Naqoyqatsi uses digital manipulation, so it completley ruins it for me.

3. Big Al

Big Al
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with Dfield 2000, totaly disapointed with the digital manipulation, especially after some stunning photography in the first two parts. I feel this is too vast a stylistic difference from the first two films. While I realise that it was Geoffry Reggios desire to use this techneque to realise his thoughts on the influence of technolgy over mankind , I feel that techneque was totaly overused.

Whilst I regually watch Koyaanisqatsi & Powaqqatsi, I suspect I shan't be watching Naqoyqatsi again.

However, you may feel differntly & I beleive the film can be picked uo fairly cheaply so it just might be worth taking the risk

Regards

Big Al