• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Koss PortaPro & Senn. PX100 Headphones

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
I've been using the PX100s for a couple of years now but I'm looking for some headphones that are a bit more appropriate for use with an MP3 player (Sandisk Sansa Clip 8gb) whilst on the move.

The Koss PortaPro certainly look good (at least I think they do) and I've heard that they're of a similar quality to the PX100. Can anyone confirm this? Do they fit well enough to be suitable for use when running (not necessarily exercising, more like running for the bus)?

swayne

Established Member
I've been using the PX100s for a couple of years now but I'm looking for some headphones that are a bit more appropriate for use with an MP3 player (Sandisk Sansa Clip 8gb) whilst on the move.

The Koss PortaPro certainly look good (at least I think they do) and I've heard that they're of a similar quality to the PX100. Can anyone confirm this? Do they fit well enough to be suitable for use when running (not necessarily exercising, more like running for the bus)?

If you can pay another £10 or so and can stand the skull crushing pressure just above your ears then the iGrado has a good sound.

I had some PX100's until my daughter broke hers and nicked mine. I wanted some headphones that wouldn't slip off every time I looked down, and the iGrado fits the bill exactly.

Steven.

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
I've heard the iGrados are good but I'd need something a bit more comfortable than those. The intro thread to this board put me off Grado by mentioning something called the Grado Burn. The PortaPros look about right.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom