1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoreanDVD, any good?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sjp1966, Jul 9, 2004.

1. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i saw koreanDVD recommended in the sticky posting, but has anyone used them? are they customs friendly?

please let me know

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Used them a couple of times with no problems. No customs issues yet, but I have just ordered the 4 disc Dances With Wolves, which comes to just over £19. That, however, includes shipping costs, which should not be counted, as the item value is less than £18. I will dispute any customs charges, but I'm fairly confident that it will go through OK.

3. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i had a look on a currency converter and mine come to £19.83 before postage (this is according to XUE converter) so i hope i dont get hit by a customs charge

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I always use www.dddhouse.com or www.layoyo.com for all my region 3 purchases. They're much cheaper and they offer an excellent level of service. Postage is usually more expensive if you purchase just one title so i buy 2/3 at a time at least and make sure you change from courier to air mail shipping before checking out. I have not had a problem with customs and i have had 20+ packages above the £18 customs limit:)

5. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i must admit the postage was pretty expensive, it is the first time i have ordered from over there. I had a look on other sites (i was buying the DTS BlackHawk Down 3 disk DTS Set) and the other sites were selling it for around $59, whereas korean DVD was selling it for $23.00.

I checked out my item and it was not over £19 so my previous post was wrong, so i shouldnt get hit with customs anyway (phew).

I will bear in mind ordering more than one in the future though as the postage is $15

thanks for the advise though

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Are you sure you changed the shipping to air mail? It's usually only HK$70 for shipping which equates to around £5 not $15 as you mentioned for layoyo and dddhouse :confused:

7. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I ordered the 4 disc DTS BHD, and didn't get hit by customs, so you should be OK. Also, I don't know what shipping option you used, but I have just ordered the 4 disc Director's Cut of Dances With Wolves, and the shipping was $9, i.e. about a fiver in proper money. ;)

Hawklord, I had a look on DDDH and Layoyo, and couldn't find DWW on either of them. Was I looking in the wrong place? I use Korean DVD, because the web site seems quite straightforward, compared to some of the other Asian retailers sites. One to avoid, is DvdFromAsia.com, as that's who we had all the trouble with the Kill Bill Thai Uncut version, which then turned out to be not uncut. :rolleyes:

8. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    It appears that dddh and layoyo don't stock those items unfortunately (as I'm sure they'd be cheaper:)) but there are a lot of western titles at amazing prices to be had (from about £2) ;)

9. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I keep saying it, Koreandvds are great, highly recommended, excellent, super etc etc!!!

10. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Korean DVDs.com are pretty good. In the last month I have made five orders containing two or three DVDs per order but always making sure their value is under £18 so not to be hit by Customs. Four out five of my orders came within six days of their release date and the remaining order came on the 7th day, so no complaints there.

The prices seem exceptional considering the DVD packages I've received and will definitely be using them in the future!

11. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i chose EMS shipping and it is $15.67 US