1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Konica Minolta E40 - Anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Ender4000, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Ender4000

Ender4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been down to my local camera shop in Cardiff, and they have some brand new Konica Minolta E40 cameras in stock, that are "flying off the shelves" according to the salesman.

They are 4million pixels, with a large 2inch screen, and very slim looking with a full metal body, all for £169.

He had one there, and admittedly they do look very nice indeed for the price, but thought I'd try to read a bit about them before I purchase.

BUT...I can't find them on the internet anywhere! Not in Google, not even on the official Kinolta Monica website, nor in any forum that i've tried so far. How come? Has anyone out there heard of it? If so please reply here!!! :cool:

Before I saw this, I'd decided to get an Olympus C460 for £119 (but will need to buy a battery pack, charger and case for this which brings the price up to £150, so the minolta E40 is very competitive). The Olympus seems to get generally universal good reviews, the only downside of it is the somewhat plastic-y feel and relatively large size... hmm....

2. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here for £150 ....although have to order on request

3. Ender4000

Ender4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic, thanks DJW...don't suppose you have any links to reviews of this camera..? Do you know if its a generally recommended model?

4. Ender4000

Ender4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen a Casio Z3 3megapixel camera for £140. This also has a 2inch screen...do u think this model may be a bit dated though? (released 02/2003)

Buying a digicam is so difficult!!

5. branweb

branweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I also recently saw this camera in a couple of shops in Tottenham Court Road, London. At first i thought it may be a grey import especially seeing that it is on a few foreign (Russian, Czech) sites. I phoned Konica Minolta and they've confirmed it is in fact a brand new camera only just being released a few weeks ago but selling very well. Strange how they haven't marketed it at all or even got info on their corporate site, not even a Press Release !!!

A shop in TCR was selling it at £165 including a 128MB SD card which seemed like a bargain. Its a great little camera however I noticed the macro wasn't so good compared with a Nikon 4200. The screen is ok, but not brilliant, quite dark in fact, and there seems to be a little bit of lag when recording video on it. But for the price and the size of the screen it definitely looks like its going to be a hot seller!

BraN

6. Ender4000

Ender4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i noticed that the screen seemed a bit grainy, which is why i wanted to read about it first...

Anyway, I've bought a digicam now, and went for one i hadn't previously been considering, the Canon A75 for a price of £125 which seemed a bargain to me! It's (only!) 3.2 million pixels, but its just for snapshots and stuff, plus i like the idea of a bit of manual control... Its exactly the same model as the A85 except with fewer pixels and a lower price tag.

Not arrived yet, so please no negative comments about this camera! I researched for weeks before buying it! Not sure why i went into such detail as it's not even for me, but reading about the different cameras got a bit addictive...no, it got very addictive...!! :)