1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

komplett

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dennis, Jun 27, 2004.

1. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    has anyone used komplett . com for pc stuff,i'm thinking of getting upgrade "kit"from them (mobo,cpu,etc).

2. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Got a load of kit from them earlier in the month. I had a problem using my credit card online due to security block and I had to get the CC company to remove the block for the day. No problems with the kit at all and very well packaged. I have not had any technical issues so I do not know what their after sales service is like.

Darren

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have dealt with Komplett for quite a while without any problems although DHL delivery is now getting very expensive :(

Excellent after sales service too :smashin:

4. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Been very good when I've used them but the fact they are based out of the country can add a bit of time to the delivery, other than that would recommend. Were fine about a return I had too, even though they didn't need to be (poor research on my part).

Owain

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,934
    have used them a few times, no problems at all.

6. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Been good here too, in particular the after sales. However, the packing can be a bit rudimentary and i've had to send a couple of bits back as a result. Not the sharpest pricing.

Best overall, ARIA. Ebuyer offer the best value for money, but p*** poor after sales. Is getting better though. I tend to use them the most to keep costs down.

7. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    thank's all.

8. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had no problems with ordering things although unless an item is faulty they won't accept returns, e.g. if it's not compatible with your system. Not sure if any of the cheap PC component suppliers are any better on this front? I ended up having to sell the item on eBay..

Simon

9. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They'll accept items back under the "cooling off" period, 10 days IIRC. Pretty much standard among etailers now & a legal requirement.

:smoke:

10. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately their Terms and Conditions state that they'll only accept things back under the Cooling Off period if they're unopened/unused - obvioulsy one has to open something to realise its incompatibility... :)

I thought the distance selling act gave us some grounds for returning items that for some reason aren't exactly what you wanted but by stating these T&Cs when you order they seem to have knocked that on the head.

Of course, if you know exactly what you want then they're fine, they do a good firewire card ( with lead ) for less than a tenner and I couldn't find a better price for a 200GB hard drive...

Simon

11. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Under distance selling regulations returned items must be able to be resold "as new" inferring unopened/sealed. Komplett are no different from any other etailer in this regard.

Obviously normal retailers are more flexible, hence the generally higher prices.

:smoke:

12. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I must say, alsthough it may not be the norm, they were quite happy to accept some incompatible memory back from me. There was no fault with it, I just hadn't done my homework properly. It may be worth giving them a ring and speaking to someone in person if you have a problem with this - being polite often gets them to go a bit beyond their basic T&Cs.

Owain