Kojima Death Stranding (PS4)

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
The graphics and audio are some of the very best I have seen this generation and the animations are superb. I only managed to play for an hour and half last night and in that short time I felt both scared and sad as well as very very confused.
Yeah I knew it was going to look good when they used that Decima engine as Horizon was gorgeous. It really is stunning though.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Managed 2 and a half hours last night. Incredible look, and feel. A lot of cut scenes early doors, but they look incredible, and are so well directed.

Mad game, but I loved what I played in the early stages... had to drag myself away at half 2.

Foster

Distinguished Member

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
La la la la la laaaaaaaa...

TUBBST4R

It's clear that some critics are divided and it won't appeal to everyone so it's down to preference but I'm firmly sitting on the side of the fence that thinks this is stunning. I honestly think it's one of the best looking games I've ever played.

I expect an abundance of memes over the coming weeks portraying it as a delivery simulator but there's so many little details and intricacies in the planning and carrying out of said jobs. I can't and won't say too much because of spoilers because anyone takes a punt on it I believe they owe it to themselves to experience everything first hand. One thing I did not expect is how terrifying it is in parts, edge of your seat stuff with tension dialed up to 10.

I did stream the opening 2 hours but have since had feedback that I had audio drops so I've reached out to Kojima ENG on Twitter to see if music tracks or dialogue blockages are in place.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I can't and won't say too much because of spoilers...
Thanks. Too often people feel they must share, "but it's not really a spoiler", and mods don't catch them quick enough; or they quote a spoiler and then show it "accidently" aka from incompetence...

Anyways, i'm really enjoying it so far :smashin:

vinvader

I've only played just over an hours worth so far but it's been great. There's not been much gameplay wise it's mostly setting up the story, but I'm really intrigued.

I've always really loved things set in the future with cool looking technology, so this is really my kind of thing.

just wondering

I am around 4 hours into the game, really enjoying the production values, gripping and intriguing storyline, wonderful mechanics all topped off with a real sense of playing something unique.

A risky but worthy purchase, considering the mixed reviews from the reviewers.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
There's one thing that's really annoying me (super early game):
and it's Sam's dodgy bum-fluff extras - just do a goatie, and shave off the scruffy bits already! :nono: makes him look like a 15 year old that's try-harding to grow something and failing bad.

I can piss on enemies and throw sh*t-grenades, but I can't shave? Kojima plz :facepalm:

Last edited:

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Innovation is vital in the games industry. Especially important that it happens at the top tier and not just with lower budget indie titles. So games like this are really important.

I am not sure it is for me, but I am very pleaed a game like this is here.

prezzy

I think this game is brilliant - love it's weirdness / story, am around 10 hours in.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I love how the areas change as people build and add stuff to them!
Yeah the difference from when I first explored the second region to now is substantial.

Super minor spoilers (early second region, also in trailers):
One thing myself (and others) noticed the road constructors seemed to head towards one of the bases, so i concentrated on supplying all the materials for roading. Rather than lug goods on foot down there, my first delivery to the Distribution Center was fast and chilled ;-)

Is everyone's world different, or do we seem the same structures if you're on the same server/instance/world?

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Yeah the difference from when I first explored the second region to now is substantial.

Super minor spoilers (early second region, also in trailers):
One thing myself (and others) noticed the road constructors seemed to head towards one of the bases, so i concentrated on supplying all the materials for roading. Rather than lug goods on foot down there, my first delivery to the Distribution Center was fast and chilled ;-)

Is everyone's world different, or do we seem the same structures if you're on the same server/instance/world?
Not looked at your spoiler, as I'm still not too far in (just back from the wind farm), but I was wondering the same thing about instancing of worlds... There must be millions of people that take the route that I've taken (even though I'm an off the beaten path kinda guy), but I'm getting likes for people taking routes I've forged etc.

Is your world state / zone / server number designated to you on startup, or entry to a certain area or something... or do only the most popular structures appear visible to all, in addition to second rate crap that you add yourself?

I'd love to understand that aspect of it.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Not looked at your spoiler, as I'm still not too far in (just back from the wind farm), but I was wondering the same thing about instancing of worlds... There must be millions of people that take the route that I've taken (even though I'm an off the beaten path kinda guy), but I'm getting likes for people taking routes I've forged etc.

Is your world state / zone / server number designated to you on startup, or entry to a certain area or something... or do only the most popular structures appear visible to all, in addition to second rate crap that you add yourself

I'd love to understand that aspect of it.
When you got to the windmill did you see 2 signs next to the entrance? one was showing a memory card and the other an arrow pointing forwards.

I don't know if every player sees them.

Demon Luci

Finally ordered this, should be here later today. Now to find the time to sink into actually playing it......
I’m a latecomer to this as well and finally got a chance to spend a couple of hours on it last night.

It’s a beautiful game and the the cut scenes are very well done but in my 2 hours of playing I only got about 20 minutes of actual gameplay and ultimately found this a bit boring and switched off. Hopefully there’s more of an actual “game” to come?