1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodak easy share focus.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Gibber4, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Gibber4

Gibber4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I have a kodak cx4210 to take a few pictures and was told it was"always ready to take photos"
    After a few outdoor shots i loaded the pictures to my computer and they were a little blurred and not as sharp as i thought they were going to be.
    Anyway i have been told that it's because i didn't use the autofocus when taking the pictures.
    So will i get better pictures if i hold the shutter button down halfway to autofocus or am i doing something else wrong.
    Is autofocus worth using?
    So much for point and shoot. :)
    PS i know nothing about camera so go easy on me. :smashin:

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,454
    Having had a quick look through the manual it seems that the CX4210 is fixed focus so half pressing the shutter only locks the exposure. Things to check to get the best images:

Picture Quality is set to BEST (***)
    Exposure Compensation is set to 0.0
    Don't use the Digital Zoom feature
    Look here

If you want to PM me your e-mail address & suggest a subject matter I'll mail you a sample from the wife's camera for you to compare. Having said all that, you need to bear in mind that this is a VERY basic, 2 year old camera.

3. Gibber4

Gibber4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have seen other peoples photos also taken with a cx4210 and they are crisper and contain a lot more detail so now i'm wondering if it's the camera that's broken or if it is me.
    Looks like a new camera is on my shopping list.

4. Gibber4

Gibber4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well sorted it out and read the manual and i'm pleased with the pictures.