1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodak Batteries

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by John, Sep 30, 2004.

1. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Hi all , first foray into the camera section . BE GENTLE :lesson: :D

I have one of these in my little cx4210 , and Ive never been totally convinced that is any good .At times Ive only been able to take about 20 photos before the low bat warning came on :mad:
    So can I swap it out for something a little better and still be able to use the docking station ? IIRC the kodak bumf said I could only use their batteries , but it would , wouldnt it :clown:
    thanks in advance
    JS

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,663
    As the "pack" is little more than a pair of AAs taped together you can replace it with standard Ni-MH batteries. Look out for the mAh rating, the higher the rating the longer the charge will last. I think the highest available is 2300mAh like these. Your batteries may also be suffering from memory effect if they have been charged frequently when not fully flat.

My missus has the same camera & that's never really been happy with rechargeables but I've only ever tried Ni-Cads, not Ni-MH.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Cheers Croc. I thought as much . Dont think the battery was fully discharged when it arrived , have fully discharged it about once a fortnight for the last 6 months and it does seem a lot better tha it was. Will go out and get some new rechargables and give them ago :smashin:
    cheers
    john

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,663
    I always used to think that the CX4210 just didn't like the lower voltage of rechargeables & I never bothered to look into it any further. Let me know how you get on with them.

5. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have one of those packs for my DX3600 and it's dreadful. The camera has had so much more use since I discovered how much more life I could get from some 2000mAh NiMHs. Even some 1300mAh NiMH batteries gave much better performance than the 1700mAh Kodak pack. I reckon it's all about the charging. The docking station which charges the Kodak sells seems to be finished all too quickly for my liking, also you can never discharge them fully as the camera switches itself off once it hasn't got enough power to run, there is still some life left in the batts though. Due to the key-ing on the pack to make sure you put it in the camera correctly, I cant get it to fit into anything else (eg. torch) to discharge fully. Anyway, enough waffle, get yourself some high capacity NiMH batteries and a decent charger and you'll be away - www.7dayshop.com are pretty good for such things.

6. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Managed to pick up 4 uniross AA 2300 mAh for a tenner in the sale at maplins :smashin:

However , Kodaks dock will not recharge them :confused: .so I'm on the lookout for a charger now

7. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,663
    They are £8.95 on the link I posted from MDS....

They do chargers as well.

8. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    + £3 shipping ;)

9. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,663
    I'll get me coat.

10. sorbiegunner

sorbiegunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ebuyer are selling a Battery Charger For AA Batteries (Rechargeable Batteries Included)
    for £4.69. Don't know what they'll be like but I was ordering stuff from them so I just threw them in the order cos they didn't alter my shipping charges. Even if they only keep my remote controls in power they'll be a bargain.