1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodak 18% Grey & Dulux equivalent

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gary Lightfoot, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    For those of you who may wish to know the Dulux equivalent of the Kodak Grey Card, the number to ask for is:

6000N (No Name)

I just sent off a portion of a Kodak Grey card for colour matching, and that is the equivalent they sent back, complete with matching colour sample on a small piece of paper. You have to get it mixed at one of their Dulux mixing machines. They'll even mix you a test sample.

Gary.

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Great Gary.
    It'll give me something to try, until i get around to ordering my custom screen( must speak to gordon!).
    I'll post the results here.
    Thanks for the tip! :)

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    Paul - this paint isn't the equivalent of a Grayhawk, it's a good grey to use to paint the walls etc so that any light that reflects from the screen, to the (grey) walls and back onto the screen isn't of any particular colour.

It's meant to be reasonably light so that the room won't be too dark, but is minimaly reflective - a compromise from black walls so you don't get a 'dungeon' look. :)

HTH

Gary.