• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KobeoneHD's new look lounge

KobeoneHD

Right, time for an update!! This is how my lounge used to look thanks to this forum!
2009_04200001.jpg

However, I have now had a new boiler fitted which means that horrid fire could go, so time to convince SWMBO that its time for a new TV. I spent some time considering what to get, but finally settled on the Samsung PS50B430 as it was a good price at John Lewis with a 5 year warranty! So a change of colour was required and below is the result!

DSCF1199.jpg

Not much has changed in the way of equipment bar the TV. Im looking to update the amp next year to a Pioneer LX71.

A pic of the AV gear.
DSCF1202.jpg

Any way guys thanks for popping by and as always comments are always welcome!!

KobeoneHD

wiz

Distinguished Member
Very neat setup

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I used to have one of those fires in the old flat, what we did was take it apart and spray all the gold parts matt black - made a fair bit of difference if you're stuck with one!

KobeoneHD

Thanks Guys for the great comments!!
The AV rack is actually of my own creation. It is built purposely to fit my gear. It is built out of 18mm MDF and painted with Ronseal MDF pure brilliant white.

KobeoneHD

alz2605

Nice upgrade Kobeone! The room looks so much better with that old fire gone! The new TV helps too and I'm a big fan of red too! Well done mate!

KobeoneHD

Hi alz

Thanks for the comments. I love the red and the new TV is great. And with the fire gone, makes my lounge look a lot more modern.

KobeoneHD

KobeoneHD

Hi Alison, thanks for the comments! I have actually changed the light fitting for something a bit more flush to the ceiling . That light fitting is up for sale if your interested lol:D.

KobeoneHD

ahaydock

Very nice indeed - the new fire place and TV look much better :smashin:

KobeoneHD

Thanks again guys. The fire surround and the hearth i actually built as well and think it has all come out really well. My next task is to put the old tv into my bedroom with some ceiling speakers which i will be getting in the next couple of day, of course, pics will be added.

Thanks

KobeoneHD

RowdenCO

Loving the AV rack, was gonna ask where you got it, then read you made it. I'm Muchly impressed with how professional it looks. Actually im impressed with your whole setup.

KobeoneHD

Have now put the 32"samsung into my bedroom and have now had to order a new HDMI for the plasma as the cable for the LCD in my bedroom got damaged, so thought id get a better cable for my main tv and moved the current tech+link one to my bedroom. Went for a 4m Mark Grant and wow, am i impressed. Good quality cable and very quick service to boot.

Because of the bloody postal strike, my new KEF ci50r's will not be delivered till this monday. As soon as i have fitted them, new pics will be put up.

KobeoneHD :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom