Knyght_byte's Den of NoEquity

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome all, to my 5000th Post, which I have decided to honour with pictures (assuming i do this right..haha) of my Home Cinema......

Righto, first off, cheers for looking in here, I have been a member of AVforums for a little while, altho untill Sept 05 i think i only had around 50 posts...the other 4,950 have been done since...lol.....

So, on with the show, I hope you'll forgive the first pics I put up being somewhat simplified compared to some of the other cinema offerings in the forums. However i will be adding more pics as time goes by and I do different things. At the moment I am at my parents though, so am somewhat limited to what i can do.

Anyhow, to kick things off, a no holds barred, in all its glory shot....

Hope that worked...lol. If it did then you are looking at the front end of the Home Cinema side of my setup. I'm sure those with a knowledge of makes and models will recognise the Silver S series speakers and Denon electronics.

Took me not far off three years to put all my system together, but it was more than worth it. I hope you'll excuse the cabling, i'm sure some will pick up on that, however at the moment it is unavoidable. Reason being i had the cables already or got them free/cheap and until i have more disposable income they will have to suffice, even though it means cabling running across the front of the equipment rather than behind...lol. I will eventually post more pics of my lovely plastic B&Q conduit that runs my cabling along side walls, but that will be another day as the camera needs recharging and i dont know where the charger is...lol

Anyhow, a slightly closer up shot.....

Ok not much closer, but what the hell, it's another image to look at!..lol

Ok, next up is the Electronics, possibly a slightly tedious shot for you, but to be honest i rather like the styling of the Denon 3803 and 3910.....if only they shared a similar power button.....ahhh well....not all can be had in a life replete with problems....

Denon 3803 fantastic amp in my opinion, granted it can be bettered, but as an overall performer for audio and video it does its job remarkably well. Certainly given the second hand price people often pick it up for lately it is a staggering performer. I however had to pay a slightly higher tax of £750...lol. Ah well, it makes me happy when i watch big budget blockbusters and it powers home the sound in a big budget way itself.

Next up is a shot of my subwoofer, or as Nimby would probably say, a small non-descript box that makes a vague farting noise......hehe. I, however, am quite happy with its performance, i'm sure it can be bettered by more direct purchase items...lol, but the fact is i own it, i have not the capital to advance it at the moment, but am quite happy with its performance, i watch movies and it makes thing rumble, i listen to music and hear the depth of sound progress.

Ok, last two shots for now, are spaghetti junction. When i first bought a Sherwood AV amp a few years ago, i thought oh crikey, look at those sockets, never going to use them, and i didnt...........But, and its a J-Lo size butt.....I didnt use them because i never considered plugging all my equipment up in to the receiver for ease of use. Since owning my 3803 however i have added a few bits, although these photos do not actually show this, the only things connected are the speakers, DVD player and Sky box. Before taking these i had a number of other items connected such as DVD-R, Gamecube, X-box 360 etc. Well, they will be reconnected eventually, there is a reason not to at the moment though, I'll talk about that in a second. Anyhow, here is what makes the North Circular look like a mini-roundaout.....

Thats the top down, heres a more side on from the rear....

Ok, so thats all the current pics i have. I will upload some screenshot pics of my PJ in action at some point, although they wont be the bst as i'm on around 2.5k hours on the bulb...lol. But it still looks awesome in my opinion. Oh and i will add rear views but i want to wait till the rear side of my room is a little neater...lol. At the moment it is a bit untidy and full of bits and pieces from when i moved back in from sharing a flat with a g/f. Ah and the extra equipment normally plugged in to the system will be back once i have some proper venetian blinds in the window.......that red throw will disappear, it is just temporary, altho it actually looks ok in a contempory way...lol

Right, so, there you go, the Knght_byte cinema, i do have hifi gear as well, but that will be added at a future date as it is currently downstairs, likewise pics of the rear will be added with shots of the PJ in action. The cabling will also be tidied up eventually but that is not likely till end of September when i get made redundant and receive lots of lovely redundancy money and can afford to buy the cabling i need at the lengths i need it...lol

Hope you guys enjoy it, I love posting on here and helping folks out who dont find it as easy to get clued up about this hobby, given the costs that can be involved i'm always happy to help prevent expensive mistakes...lol. Anyhow, let me know what you think, sorry the pics are not fantastic at the moment, they will be added to tho.

Oh and heres to another 5,000 posts.....bwahahah :devil:

edit: oh well, guess i didnt do the image thing right?....anyone remind me how to get the pics showing in the thread please?....waaaa

hehe, the MF MA combo will probably look more messy seeing as one GR10 is blue and one is silver...lol

yes it is a little messy, but the red throw is going soon, actually going out in a couple mins to order a blackout vertical blind setup...w00t!

the cables likewise will be tidied more out of sight from the front view eventually........but trust me, the rear is looking worse at the moment due to most of what you find in a bedroom being slung to the back of the room..lol

anyhow, can anyone tell me how to make my pics show on the thread, not just be linkies?...lol

Well done on 5,000+ posts, and Im sure you will get alot of inquiries about where you got those stunning curtains from! Nice to see your set up.

hehe, the stunning curtain(s) is just a big red throw from a linen shop.....lol...

altho it looks kinda cool, its crap for keeping out the light which means during the summer or daytimes i cant watch films with my PJ...heh......so it will be replaced at some point in the near future with some kind of black out blind setup, probably vertical slats.....tried to get some today from a shop but they didnt do what i needed, so online ordering it is....still, cheaper than i thought, one place is quoting £170 which doesnt sound all that bad to me, originally i was given scare stories from folks of them costing £400...lol (I should mention its an 8ft wide window recess so need made to measure extra wide blind)

Anyhow, cheers :)

I was just playing!! Im sure its hard to stop the light during the day, it was nice to see your set up in total naked form and no make up for the camera, best of luck with the blind search

Very nice looking room.

Kyght_Byte, tidy those wires! *slaps your hand*.

Hehe, Congrats on your 5000 posts and wow its very interesting to see your setup finally.!!

Knyght_byte said:
... I love posting on here and helping folks out who dont find it as easy to get clued up about this hobby, given the costs that can be involved i'm always happy to help prevent expensive mistakes...

I for one thank you sir :clap:.

Upon your advice / recommendation I brought the MA GS20s (In a stunning cherrywood finish) and after my wife, and my son I find them the 3rd most beautiful things to look and listen too.

Weeellll, look at then. I'm positive that they are higher up than for listening to SWMBO :rotfl:

ohhh, my #98 post, approaching my 1st 100! (Can you remeber that far back?!)

miceri said:
I for one thank you sir :clap:.
I for one must thank you too knyght byte. You have been sooo helpful and the most polite, funny person on the speaker part of the forums!

And if it wasnt for you I wouldnt have heard the GS10's!!!

All hail the Knyght_byte...."aaaeemmm.....aaaeeemmm"

The cult of MAW (Monitor Audio Worshippers) has flattered its Techno-Priest with their praise....bwahahaha

:D

ok i've had a few tonight..LOL

nope, dont remember 100 posts.....tbh i cant even remember 1,000....lol

but thanx anyhow fellas, nice to know my efforts are appreciated, and moreso by the enjoyment of the goods rather than by the praise and thanx offered :)

Nice setup you have there,

Have you thought about using blinds instead of the curtain? Might make it look even better. Just my personal oppinion, please dont take it the wrong way :).

Chris

yep, as my posts mention i am getting some blinds, but because the window is 8ft wide its not something you can pick up in a shop, i've found a few sites online that do custom lengths of that length, just got to order it now...lol

going for slats so i can let some air in during the summer months....my room gets waaay too hot for a roller blind...lol

also eventually i am going to paint the walls a different colour, a nice dark light absorbing burgundy i think....heh....just to increase the old contrast....

Awesome mate!!! Really cool stuff!!!! :thumbsup: Have the 3803 which I also love to bits (thanks to ur help):hiya:
Congrats on making 5000 posts:eek: A treasure to the forums!!!!:smashin:
Cheers!!

Rogers said:
Awesome mate!!! Really cool stuff!!!! :thumbsup: Have the 3803 which I also love to bits (thanks to ur help):hiya:
Congrats on making 5000 posts:eek: A treasure to the forums!!!!:smashin:
Cheers!!

i really shouldnt read these posts after a bottle of wine........i wanna cry...lol

glad you lovin the 3803 tho, some people love it, some people upgraded from it..heh, i think it depends what you hook up to it, get it right and its fantastic value! get it wrong and its an expensive single bar heater...lol

Carl Stock said:
Very nice, Knyght_byte. :smashin:
was gonna hit the thanx button but it didnt show..lol...so thanx :D

i promise it will look better eventually tho...lol..just need to get the blinds ordered and installed....then get longer cables to hide them.....oh and get my hifi stuff back in place too....heh...so much to do, so little time to do it in when i'd rather spend my time using the equipment than taking pics :rotfl:

right, friday night, time to go cook something tasty, take the vino out the freezer, and watch something :)

(dunno wot yet, tend to randomly put things on these days before i sit down to actually munch the fud...lol)

Hi Knyght_byte

Nice setup!

From the picture, your MA S5s seem positioned pretty close to the radiator, would the heat be a problem in Winter when the radiator is turned on?

S6's!!...heh

nope, no problem as the radiator doesnt come on, you honestly think i need more heat in my room with all that equipment???..lol

no joke, my room warms faster from the amps, PJ and computer than a radiator could manage......heh

however they are MDF with wood veneer so shouldnt be a problem anyhow...

hehe, sorry my mistake, yes, S6s.

Good to know the heat shouldn't be a problem on these speakers, I am too scared to place mine near the radiator.

Thanks for sharing these pictures, looking forward to seeing your GR10 setup!

aye, i'm missing my GR10s very much, they are hooked up downstairs but i dont get much chance to use the lounge on my own......so they will most likely come back up this week sometime...lol

You can always tell a true enthusiast.....cables everywhere! :smashin:

tell ya what, spaghetti junction isnt just at the back of the hifi, i got the same thing round to my left where i sit, i got a PC with video, 8 channel audio and about 4 USB cables coming out of it, a router with 4 cables in it, a wine chiller with a power cable, a Xbox 360 with its cables, the cables to the projector from amp and 360, plus a 7 socket belkin surge protector, oh and not forgetting the 14in diameter rotating fan!.....lol

believe me, the front end shot looks tidy by comparison!...heh

Knyght_byte said:
.....oh well, guess i didnt do the image thing right?....anyone remind me how to get the pics showing in the thread please?....waaaa

Congrats again on 5000 posts and on a great set-up. I too love my Denons, you cannot beat that tank-like construction.

In answer to your question regarding pictures. Go here, then upload your picture file into the empty box next to the "browse" button; then click the "host it" button. Then cut and paste the url which is marked as "hotlink for forums". Copy this url straight into your message on the forums and your picture will appear as such.

Best of luck and looking forward to your next 5000 posts.

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom