Knotty E85 recording problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by adrianl, Dec 31, 2004.

1. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just one glitch in otherwise stratospherically high satisfaction with E85. have it teamed with Viera, and often record TV via the DVB out of the Viera. Have this on Viera AV4 scart, which is connected to E85 AV1 via component and scart (for the audio). Q-link activated on the AV4 scart.

Recording freeview over AV4 works fine unless I'm also watching something recorded on the E85. In other words when I try to record on same AV1 scart of the E85 that I'm also using as output to the Viera! The Viera flashes up error: 'no recording, check tape or disk'.

But I'm watching via component, and video (which I believe is the signal used for Q-link controlled recording) is available as both In and Out on the scart isn't it on separate pins, as is audio?

Am I missing something or is it not possible to initiate a recording over the same AV1 E85 scart that's being used for output at same time (I need to experiment to see if I can play out over this scart after a recording has started which has woken the E85 from standby, which would prove you can send a signal in and out over this connection)?

Grateful for any advice!

Adrian

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    I don't fully understand what's happening here but I wonder if there's a possibility of a "howl-round".

Can the Viera AV4 scart output be switched between DTT tuner output and Monitor?

3. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since found out that if the E85 is in standby, it will start recording off the AV4, and then continue if you watch a recorded title via AV4 too, so it's something to do with whether the E85 is actually playing out over the AV1 output at the same time as it receives the signal to start recording.

Yes you can switch between the DTT and 'monitor'. This is excellent suggestion to try. Just back from seeing in 2005 though so will experiment tomorrow!

Thanks and Happy 2005 to all AV Forum members.