Question Knocked down my TV choices, struggling to decide!

Gameghast

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey!

So im stuck between these two, having trouble telling which will be better

1. PHILIPS 55OLED805 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant

2. SONY BRAVIA KD-49XH9505BU 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant
(personally not a fan of the stand on this)

My budget is 800-1200

We both want the lighting thing but I do know you can buy the stuff to make other tv's have the lighting for like £450 so if I got a tv around 800-900 it would work out the same price as no.1

But, between those two, how does it look? Looking for an upgrade from my current tv: LG 43UH610V : 43'' LG ULTRA HD 4K TV | LG UK

Or if there's any way better options for that price range let me know too!

Looking for one on Android TV.

It will be used for Netflix, Xbox Series X, ps4, Switch, video streaming, etc!

I would add the LG BX to your list if gaming it will be a better tv. as long as you not play for so many hours.

Odd list.

55" oled or 49" LCD...?

Why not a 55" xh95?

Odd list.

55" oled or 49" LCD...?

Why not a 55" xh95?

Sorry if it the list is odd, Im completely blind when looking at TV's!

I didn't put the 55 xh95 because if I bought the stuff that would make the philips lights work, it would end up equalling the price of the 55" OLED.

if it was between both 55" models, would the Philips OLED still be the better choice? I was unsure on OLED because I heard they can get burnout or something like that?

Well get the OLED then....

A 49" LCD, even a high end variant, is no match for a 55" OLED.

Size is king!

If you like the idea of ambilight, then it is much better value to buy a Phillips TV rather than spend £450 trying to replicate it. It is hard to know how much Phillips add to their TVs for the inclusion of this feature, but it is nearer £50 than £450. As long as you do not watch a TV for too long with fixed graphics such as channel logos or game scores on the screen, then you should not suffer burn in problems. Perceived advantages of oled TVs are higher picture quality and wider viewing angles. Coming back to the Sony TV, additional reasons for going for the 55" over the 49" are better sound, more dimming zones and the inclusion of a wide angle viewing filter. Personally, I would say you would be better spending the money on a larger screen than ancillary lighting.
You need to judge the risk of burn in (probably low) and the value of lighting and viewing angles to you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom