Knives Out (November 25, 2019 ) directed by Rian Johnson

Rate me

• Total voters
Yeah the trailer did nothing for me either, but I really like that cast. And sounds like it actually might be very good.
Starting to come to the conclusion Rian Johnson just isn’t a director for me. Not liked the majority of his work. Looper is the one I have the most appreciation for, but I don’t love it by any stretch of the imagination.

It looks wonderfully OTT!

good old google search; to find this thread, whilst the official forum search index is mega rebuilding

new poster attached. for some images do not display

77556.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this today - excellent movie, nice and twisty - really great performances from Craig and Ana de Armas in particular (but the whole cast are excellent - and there's a nice appearance from a TLJ alum) and really very funny too. Well worth a look - and I think worth seeing with an audience too.

But bloody BFI - another close-captioned film, and not indicated as such when booking. And one of the captions really spoiled a big reveal. Bah.

But bloody BFI - another close-captioned film, and not indicated as such when booking.

The Additional Information section indicates that the screening today (11:30am) had captions. Was that not the case when you booked it? If so, I might be inclined to bring it to their attention.

NOW I see it. The problem is - it's right down at the bottom of the page - not in the booking process, not in the confirmation email and not on the link at the top of the page where you could actually book from (whre "sold out" is). It's the easiest thing to miss.

Yeah, I'd definitely bring it to their attention as it's not exactly up front.

For sure - have emailed.

But back on topic - highly recommended. Although I'll be fascinated to see how Ana de Armas and Craig pair up in Bond - I'm assuming it will be QUITE different.

Booked ticket for the Unlimited Screening on 3rd November.

Likewise.
Big fan of Johnson. He's usually interesting, if often very uneven.
I don't know if he's made a holistically good movie since Brick, but his direction is always great to watch.

Again - excellent film, hugely enjoyable. And well worth a trip to see with a crowd, I think.

Again - excellent film, hugely enjoyable. And well worth a trip to see with a crowd, I think.

Had a lot of fun with this at the cineworld preview. Got a good crowd reaction. As a side note, the preview screening was the most packed its been in the theatre for a good while. 7.5/10 for me.

Had a lot of fun with this at the cineworld preview. Got a good crowd reaction. As a side note, the preview screening was the most packed its been in the theatre for a good while. 7.5/10 for me.

Plus, I got a free bar of chocolate at mine! BONUS!

Reasonably busy at the Showcase Insider preview, but no free chocolate!

I really struggled with Daniel Craig channeling Kevin Spacey, but apart from that the film itself was a lot of fun. I did laugh a lot (with not at the film) which was nice.

Watched the preview at the Vue last night. Really enjoyed it. Probably not as clever as it thought it was... Just a Hollywood Poirot, but very entertaining.

Fun film but the "mystery" is totally obvious and cuts through all the false motives and plot twists. It does that thing where they give everything away in the throwaway bits of the film and then refers back to the bits you're supposed to not have paid any attention to. Sloppy writing.

6/10...actually 7/10 because the cast and acting out of the story is entertaining.

Forgot to comment last week, very enjoyable. Can’t really fault it, went on a touch to long maybe. Extremely left wing, Rian Johnson really lays his cards on the table in that respect, so that could be a problem for some.
I prefer Daniel Craig in kooky mode (Logan Lucky is a better film and worth checking out if you liked DC in this) and everyone is very good, particularly De Amas and Evans.
Highly recommended.
8.5/10

i must watch Lucky Logan soon.

i enjoyed this mystery, though not as much as i hoped like i did with Orient Express. 8/10

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom