Knights of the OR - any comments?

Bonesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Got this on Saturday, and for the first time on Xbox, actually spent loads of hours playing it,

not really into RPGs, but this one is actually quite good,

not very star warsy, but interesting enough :smashin:

Lucky git, but not very star warsy :confused:
It's a game based on star wars.

Also are you playing it through on light or dark?

US version, posted by my mate who works for ILM, so got it cheap - a tenner!

playing as the light side of course, but will probably have another go being dark - or might just get bored and swap to dark nearer the end.

I'll post on here what happens in it, so you won't need to buy it when it comes out over here....

Lucky git, but not very star warsy
It's a game based on star wars.

uhmm, AOTC was meant to be as well...

I'll post on here what happens in it, so you won't need to buy it when it comes out over here....

You so better not you tw@t :mad: :D
Should have my new modded xbox in a few weeks, so will never have to wait for the Pal game to come out again.

When you coming on live or are you too scared of us expert RTCW players? :laugh:

I played it on a friends XBox. I'd have liked it, but I couldn't seem to find the racing cars ;)

Still playing it, have decided to practice using a lightsabre in my spare time by using a broom handle, and occasionally video'ing myself..

Jas - too scared ?!
admittedly, I'm hoping the tatooine level has a beach I can invade... ;)

I've played this game and probably because I'm not a star wars fan I hated it. There was so much crap talking all the time and you couldn't take control in combat but instead had all that points/experience rubbish. The movies and atmosphere are well done but I personally found no enjoyment in this game. However I admit I didn't have time to play it a long time but of the 45 mins I played from the beginning I found no gameplay at all. I realise I'm out of step with other people but all I can say is prepare yourself to be disappointed just in case.

I know I'm setting myself up for a flaming here, but I played it a little more (about an hour and a half), and I'm totally with bonzobanana. It plain bored me. Starwars is ace, and the game conveys a nice atmosphere, but you spend sooooo long talking to other characters that I just couldn't stand it :(

To be honest dude, RPGs really don't float my boat at all, so all I can say is that, if you're an RPG fan you shouldn't take my opinion about Knights too seriously.

If you like RPGs, the overwhelming consensus is that KotOR rocks. By all accounts its the best recent RPG. I think action junkies like me are are the only group of players who won't enjoy it

I'm really enjoying it. It's very much Neverwinter Nights-meets-Star Wars, but that's just fine for me.

It's good to see how well the AD&D style works in this setting, so hopefully it'll open the genre up a little.

I'm about 20hours in, and it gets more addictive, but also harder.

and the fighting actually gets more interactive !

so is this game a point and click choose option 1 type thi ng like neverwinter nights?

Or is it a fps rpg?

i mean is it top down or more 3d?

It's not point & click, but the viewpoint & interface is very much like the one in NWN, only controlled with an XB controller. You control character movement with the left analogue stick, and the right one swings the camera round him. The only real difference is that you can't pull the camera in & out like you can in NWN, and by default it shows characters rather closer up than is usual in AD&D games.

It's quite surprising how well they've mapped the controls to a pad. Having played plenty of keyboard & mouse-controlled RPG's I wasn't sure how I'd find the system, but it's actually very intuitive.

Never really been a great fan of the more hardcore RPG's like Baulders Gate, but i've notched up 6 hours on KOTOR so far and i'm enjoying it immensely.

I love the way you can be an utter bastard to people, killing innocents and the like and getting Dark Side points. I think i've come to the first (Well disguised) 'dungeon' which might put me off, as i've never liked the dungeon type repetive gameplay (Excluding Zelda: Ocarina of time and Wind Waker)

It's the sewers bit on Tarik BTW.

Gary A

The sewers are really short to be honest with you. The Vulkars base is kind of annoying though.

dang.

Still sounds good but i thought it would be an fps.

oh well, im sure its still very good.
well i hope so

Originally posted by mattruston
dang.

Still sounds good but i thought it would be an fps.

Jedi Knight 3 should be out soon to quench your fps jedi needs!

EDIT - Assuming you have a PC.

Originally posted by Oakey
The sewers are really short to be honest with you. The Vulkars base is kind of annoying though.

I really liked the Vulkars base. I think that's where it really started to take off for me.

SPOILER - PERHAPS

I'm on tatooine, and stuck -- I keep dying in fights with the sand people, anyone know where I am going wrong?

(I know, I should go to gamefaqs).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom