Knifing - BlackOps

majnu

Disco81

Novice Member
I think they need to tweak the range for knife kills. If you come round a corner and meet someone it's not even worth going for your gun, just swing the knife and they drop. Or, if you've changed to tactical layout like me and not quite got used to it yet, you do a graceful swan dive at their feet, then they knife you on the floor.:facepalm:

R0M

That's pretty shocking!

That's more lunge than commando on Mw2!

I've got quite a lot of knife kills, but if there face to face it's pot luck. I see myself knife first, yet on killcam I just ran into him like an idiot :(

King Tones

Distinguished Member
It is no where near as bad as MW2 trust me
Go play MW2 for 30 minutes and tell me that Commando is not worse in MW2.
Plus you can be killed while knifing unlike in MW2 if the animation started you were dead and even with the Spas or AA12 you could not take them out. In Black Ops you can be killed while your trying to stab.

Yes it looks bad in the above vid but it is no where near as bad as MW2

kav

Distinguished Member
I don't know Tones, personally I don't think it's far off MW2, only in Black Ops everyone is equipped with Commando as standard. I just don't get why they didn't put in a simple slash were you have to be right next to the person - like in WaW. I've been killed a ton of times in Black Ops by being foolish enough to bring a gun to a knife-fight - it seems if you're within 8 feet of one another the knife wins out every time. It's stupid.

Even better would be a return to the hit with the gun-butt, because at least then shooting at someone is more likely to kill them when in CQC. Insta-kills from panic-knifers takes a chunk of skill out of the game IMO. (Note that's not directed at you Tones, I know you love the knife - it's just a general comment.)

D

Deleted member 152499

Knifing does seem very strange (maybe just for me) at the moment.......many a time I'll swipe first, somehow miss (***?!??!), the other guy will swipe, he'll miss too (again, ***?!?!), I'll pull the trigger on my AK74u, he'll pull the trigger a fraction of a second later, yet he bags the kill (really, and finally W...T...F?!!?!?!) :thumbsdow

So, I've gone from being in 'pole position', having the jump on someone, so should be an easy kill with the knife, to pratting around for 1-2 seconds spinning spinning shooting..........dead :mad: :thumbsdow

Purple Box

Two from the front, one from the back. We all know it should be like that :D

I walked through a hail of bullets last night to stab someone behind the hq he was capturing. I'm surprised I got him, god knows the abuse I would have got if I'd not been in party chat.

R0M

I've noticed a lot that within a certain range your better off sprinting into the gun fire to stab. So many times I've done it or had it done, you hit them 3 or 4 times they just keep coming and knife you.

The Bass

Novice Member
The knifing in this game is just as bad a problem as the matchmaking.

• The lunge is too far, they've given everyone Commando 0.9
  • It auto locks on now so they just have to be vaguely in front of you
  • It takes more bullets to get a kill so you can get 3 hit markers with your supersonic bullets on the guy as he runs up to you and OHK's you by cutting your arm
  • For a lot of people the connections are a lot worse so half of the time they may as well be invincible whilst lunging
Too many people run around thinking 'Derp close combat, better get ready to knife' and put their head down and charge whenever they see someone :suicide:. Knifing should be a two hit kill or my bullets should be a one hit kill.

GazH

Hi all,

I know it seems like knifing is a bit of a problem in this game...

But Deftones clip of himself jumping off a balcony and knifing some one as he hits the ground is class...

Knifing from a balcony

Gonna have to try it :D

Cheers

Gaz

Luteus

I think it should be a 2 hit kill from the front and one from behind, in addition if you are shot your knifing action should stop.

doesnt really bother me too much at the mo though.

knifing should be a last rather than best option.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Your all a bunch of whiny old men :rolleyes:

God we can moan like the best of them on this forum. Snipers are broke, knife is overpowered, Toobs are too underpowered wah wah wah wah wah
The RC car got me wah wah wah wah

I tell you what if we all got together and made a COD it would be one hell of a boring game with no variety :laugh:

kav

Distinguished Member
Your all a bunch of whiny old men :rolleyes:

God we can moan like the best of them on this forum. Snipers are broke, knife is overpowered, Toobs are too underpowered wah wah wah wah wah
The RC car got me wah wah wah wah

I tell you what if we all got together and made a COD it would be one hell of a boring game with no variety :laugh:
*assumes zen pose*

All I seek is balance in all things my friend.

I am truly impressed with the way Treyarch are responding to the issues - I believe the young people of today might say "massive props to Treyarch".

King Tones

Distinguished Member
*assumes zen pose*

All I seek is balance in all things my friend.

I am truly impressed with the way Treyarch are responding to the issues - I believe the young people of today might say "massive props to Treyarch".
Your sat at your desk smug as hell at the moment arent you :D

Yes Treyarch have listened to me and are doing my bidding ;) now to compose another 'moaning' letter to them to remove the Knife

Please dont :rolleyes: ;)

kav

Distinguished Member
Cheeky bastard! No, the day I feel smug will be the day a developer comes into that thread and says wow thanks AVF you made our game so much better with your awesomtacular suggestions. :rolleyes:

BTW, I already updated the OP in that thread this morning asking them to "Tone" down the knife. See what I did there? :devil:

Big Starbuck

Knifing doesn't bother me. I usually have a smg and with the tactical controls I drop shot instantly and this results in people missing me with their knife. :D

mattclarkie

Novice Member
It's obvious, every player in the game is wearing an electro-magnet, that's what's happening. It also explains how bullets fired nowhere near me somehow kill me.

campy mccamper

The next fix is going to nerf the kinife

I
mprovements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after danger had cleared. In some matches, this was causing good spawn to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match…

Experimental slight reduction in knife lunge range, this is a trial change…

Prevention of Prestige glitching, trying to prestige through Combat Training will reset your stats but not give you Prestige…

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
I've not played much Black Ops (just over 8 hours) but I've not had too many problems with the knife. Nowhere near as bad as the knife in MW2 was, though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lithe Audio AirPlay 2 ceiling speakers world's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett