1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knackered Pan TX-W28R4DP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fancyabrew, Feb 2, 2005.

1. fancyabrew

fancyabrew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hey up,

My Pan TX-W28R4DP has had an intermittent problem for a while, it switches itself off a few seconds after it is powered on, this has gone on for several months but has now got worse! It now either powers off as soon as it is powered on, or, stays on with sounds but no picture, just a horizontal line across the centre of the screen. Any ideas?

Kerry

2. Barrington

Barrington
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3866722#post3866722

Re: Knackered Pan TX-W28R4DP

I live in England.

It might be a circuit board soldering problem.

I was told that it was a design fault (bug/flaw).
    I didn't believe it, but it was correct.

I cannot remember exactly what my problems were but it sounds vagely familiar.
    Especially with an horizontal line and possibly the switching off problem.
    I originally thought that I would have to replace the tube, which would have meant getting the work done under guarantee.
    Since, I purchased the TV probably in 1999 and I had a five year refundable guarantee
    (got my money back and paid about £50 for repair):

This meant that the problem occurred about 2004.

Contact, Comet and get a quote before any repair, because at least comet engineers in Bristol are excellent.
    If you don't know an excellent engineer then you will probably have to contact an official Panasonic Dealer - contact Panasonic to findout your nearest dealer Tel No: 08705357357 but Argos says Panasonic's Tel No: 0870 53573570

I probably paid about £45 - £50 in 2004 worked properly ever since.

3. paul-av-tech

paul-av-tech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Probably dry joints to frame stage, (when its working gently 'bang' with the flat of your hand the underneath of the set and see if it then fails) suggest you get a qualified engineer in before further damage is done. At the moment it is probably a labour only job. If you leave it things will get worse causing fram ic to require replacement.

PS Take no responsibility if you do try the above and it then shuts down permanently :)