• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

KMPlayer shows no subtitles

michaelcwh

Standard Member
Hello guys! I am new here and from China.

Just wanna get some help from you guys here: I am using my computer to watch blue-ray dvd's, and very confused with what software to use.

Currently I am using KMPlayer and everything looks fine but there is no subtitles showing. Can anybody tell me how to view subtitles pls?

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

My set up: LG blue-ray dvd-rom, Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe soundcard, ATI Radeon HD4870 graphic card, Onkyo SA705 as pre-amp and back-surround amp, Dussun D9 5.1 amp as power amp, Hitachi Plasma 50 inches, XO HDMI cable.

thepharcyde

Established Member
I did not think KVPlayer supports Bluray discs.

There is an option in preferences to tick/untick subs though.

michaelcwh

Standard Member
It actually plays bluray discs quite well despite of showing no subtitles. I was told that Powerdvd 8 is a better software that supports bluray discs, so I installed it but it always said error 80040265 and could not play bluray discs.

could u tell me which software u are using for bluray discs and how about the settings? thanks!

thepharcyde

Established Member
It actually plays bluray discs quite well despite of showing no subtitles. I was told that Powerdvd 8 is a better software that supports bluray discs, so I installed it but it always said error 80040265 and could not play bluray discs.

could u tell me which software u are using for bluray discs and how about the settings? thanks!

I am using PowerDVD 8 :) subtitles are just selected from either the Bluray disc menu or the subtitle option while the disc is playing.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom