KLV-S32A10E or KLV-S32A12E

JonnyO

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying the 32" Sony S series LCD TV but both these model numbers seem to exist. The Sony UK website has the '10' version but most resellers seem to have the '12' version.
Anyone know if there is any difference between the two?

bump

does no-one know?

I think you may have been looking at the US website. The '10' is the USA version of the sets whilst the '12' is the range in this country and the rest of Europe. There is quite a lot of difference. Many of the features in the American version are not available on the UK one, including additional inputs and a different menu feature. Some contributors have talked about importing the USA versions, but I guess you may run into some problems not least of which is what to do if the unit goes wrong. Hope this helps.

mike7 said:
I think you may have been looking at the US website. The '10' is the USA version of the sets whilst the '12' is the range in this country and the rest of Europe. There is quite a lot of difference. Many of the features in the American version are not available on the UK one, including additional inputs and a different menu feature. Some contributors have talked about importing the USA versions, but I guess you may run into some problems not least of which is what to do if the unit goes wrong. Hope this helps.

Wrong.

10-version is also the one sold in Belgium.
Connection wise it's the same as the UK one...

3X SCART RGB, Compo, HDMI, AV+S/Video, RF

Difference lies in Freeview I think

In Belgium, no Freeview, (no digi tuner)...

I think they've corrected the Sony UK website now. They are listing the A12U versions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom