Klipschorn with Anthem ARC room correction - hmm

dtximages

Novice Member
Anyone else like their Khorns, Lascalas, Belles, or other big Klipsches with room correction? I just ran ARC again and I can tell it took out some big midbass hump but overall, they just sound dead, not as dynamic. Of course, if I listen a while, my ears adjust but the highs just seem to sparkle less. Maybe more flat. But is that really what we're looking for?

Maybe these speakers aren't supposed to be "fixed".

Important note: My room does suck.. I tweaked the ARC settings to bring low freq to flat (i.e. don't roll off) then I bumped up the high freq to not roll off as much. The corrected curve LOOKs flatter, but gosh its less exciting.

Anyone else have experience with this? Dirac Live? Probably the same effect.

Attached the curve pdf.

Attachments

• KH and KH w Sub 02052021.pdf
    670.4 KB · Views: 21

Rob Sinden

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Room correction systems will change your speakers to match the target curve built in or that you create. By their very nature they will change the sound on your speakers.

RoomPerfect is the only correction system that uses the measurements to create a target curve based on the sound of your speakers. For every room and every pair of speakers this target curve is different.

This is how RoomPerfect preserves the way your speakers were designed to sound.

GlennC

Hi

ARC appears to be flattening a hump at 5 Khz, just reduce the correction frequency to 200Hz and see how that sounds, most of the advantage of room correction is at lower frequencies .

dtximages

Novice Member
Hi

ARC appears to be flattening a hump at 5 Khz, just reduce the correction frequency to 200Hz and see how that sounds, most of the advantage of room correction is at lower frequencies .
Yes I did that and it certainly helped! Definitely retains the speaker's sound much more. I think arc would work much better on a normal set of speakers in a good room. It's not meant to fix a bad room.

GlennC

The issue you have with the higher frequencies is very unlikely to do with the room which as very little impact at 5khz but more likely you just prefer your speakers natural curve which has a hump at 5khz, I had the same when I tried ARC on my 2 channel set up but soon got used to it and if I only use ARC at low fequencies my system now sounds bright.

Attachments

• arc.pdf
    384.2 KB · Views: 1

3rdignis

If you boost with eq this will compress the sound and make it flat.
Cut only, if the bass is too quite cut less.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom