Question Klipsch vs Polk (reposting as a new thread)

artofcode

Novice Member
Reaction score
Reposting this reply to a similar question from a year ago...

Hi. It’s a year later since TBJeff’s post, but I’m in a very similar situation. We just finished an addition on our house which extended the fairly conventional 14x17’ living room that has an 8’ ceiling, out into a 17x20’ great room with a 16’ vaulted ceiling. So now the overall space is a very long, completely open 17x35’ room with a cathedral ceiling in the front and a low ceiling in the back. The TV and front speakers are at the far end of the new area, and entry-level but beefy surround speakers will be ceiling mounted in the low ceiling near where the rooms join. The surrounds and a wall mounted center speaker are all Monoprice gear. I’m using a small 8” Pioneer sub I borrowed from our upstairs AV setup. The main listening/viewing position is a couch at the midpoint just inside the new area.
Sounds more confusing than it is, but my question comes down to a choice of front speakers to work with the Denon AVR X1500H amp I just got. I’m considering Klipsch R-820Fs and Polk RTi 5, 7 or even 9s. Hey, it’s Black Friday sale time again!
Decent sound is important and the Klipschs get a lot of rave reviews. And they’re cheap! But the Polks seem ok and the cherry veneer looks great! (Looks are also important in the new room.)
Any advice is welcome, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Yanks reading this.

You may get a better response to your question on the US AVSforum.AVForums is a uk based forum.

Martin

Please don’t redirect members to an alternative forum. We have a reasonable membership from US based folk who could answer queries.

Please don’t redirect members to an alternative forum. We have a reasonable membership from US based folk who could answer queries.
Only trying to help a fella out:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom