Klipsch Speakers and banana plugs

lumper

Established Member
Reaction score
I am building my first home theater, I bought all Klipsch speakers, and SVS subs.

My bookshelves are the Klipsch R41-M speakers with binding posts.
My receiver is the Denon X3700H
The banana plugs I want to use are the Sewell Silverback plugs both right angled for the speakers and straight for the receiver.

When I pull the dust covers out the hole that remains to plug into looks very small to me.
IT is larger than 1/8 jack for headphones, earbuds, external speakers to pc etc...

I was going to order the Sewell Silverback banana plugs, they check all the boxes for me, BUT I am concerned that they will actually plug in and fit properly.

The specs are:

• Total Length: 1 3/4in (45mm)
  • Plug Length 0.75in (19.5mm)
  • Plug diameter: 0.13-0.18in (3.4-4.7mm)
  • Outside Diameter (sleeve): 0.4in (10.5mm)
  • Inside Diameter (sleve): 0.34in (8.5mm)
  • Sleeve lenght: 1in (25.5mm)
  • Outside Diameter (connector): 0.3in (7.7mm)
  • Inside Diameter (connector): 0.17in (4.4mm)
  • Connector depth 0.59in (15mm)
Ive never used banana plugs before, I see they have others like flex pins, or straight pins and these look smaller than the banana plugs in diameter But I cant get confirmation either way.
Does anyone have Klipsch speakers like these and banana plugs installed that can confirm they will plug in?

Sewell says they should but check with Klipsch, Klipsch says the exact opposite, they should but check with Sewell, LOL.

I also have the center speaker and 2 floor standing speakers as well, they all have the exact same binding posts as the surrounds, and I am assuming the Denon X3700H receiver does as well.

I would just like to hear a confirmation from someone who actually has installed them.

these are the speakers: Speakers, Headphones, and Premium Home Audio | Klipsch

These are the plugs: Silverback Banana Plugs with Right Angle Connectors12 Pairs

This is the receiver: AVR-X3700H (2020 Model) 9.2ch 8K AV Receiver with 3D Audio, Voice Control and HEOS® Built-in AV Receivers | Denon
Any help confirming that these will be compatible would be great, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• silverback-banana-plugs-sewell-2-sw-29751-426332.jpg
    silverback-banana-plugs-sewell-2-sw-29751-426332.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 156
  • silverback-banana-plugs-with-right-angle-connectors-sewell-direct-12-pairs-sw-33141-12-944863.jpg
    silverback-banana-plugs-with-right-angle-connectors-sewell-direct-12-pairs-sw-33141-12-944863.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Should be fine. I borrowed a pair of Klipsch RP-600M and my banana plugs fitted without any issues. Same for the Denon as the binding posts are standard size.

It's not overly obvious from the images but the banana plugs are slighty springy which is why the specs say 3.4 - 4.7mm. Most binding posts are generally 4mm.

Should be fine. I borrowed a pair of Klipsch RP-600M and my banana plugs fitted without any issues. Same for the Denon as the binding posts are standard size.

It's not overly obvious from the images but the banana plugs are slighty springy which is why the specs say 3.4 - 4.7mm. Most binding posts are generally 4mm.
Ok
Thanks very much for the reply.
I assumed so BUT I have been burned before and I just don't want any surprises in my build.
This was one of two things I was struggling with, so Im glad this is sorted out.

Now I just need to find a mount I can mount these R 41-M surrounds high on the wall and point them down for rear atmos speakers and Ill be set.

I found a set I think will work, BUT they are a four screw pattern mount and I Really didn't want to put that many holes in the walls in my apt if I didn't have too.

I suppose I can try installing them with 2 and see how it feels and go from there, But Id rather find a mount that only needs two screws OR a Stand that can extend to 7' or 84" so I can just use tall stands for the rear atmos over head speakers and avoid mounts at all.
Worst case scenario I use the 4 screw mounts, and when I move I do a little wall repair and paint, its not going to stop me from setting up my 7.2.4 LOL

Ok
Thanks very much for the reply.
I assumed so BUT I have been burned before and I just don't want any surprises in my build.
This was one of two things I was struggling with, so Im glad this is sorted out.

Now I just need to find a mount I can mount these R 41-M surrounds high on the wall and point them down for rear atmos speakers and Ill be set.

I found a set I think will work, BUT they are a four screw pattern mount and I Really didn't want to put that many holes in the walls in my apt if I didn't have too.

I suppose I can try installing them with 2 and see how it feels and go from there, But Id rather find a mount that only needs two screws OR a Stand that can extend to 7' or 84" so I can just use tall stands for the rear atmos over head speakers and avoid mounts at all.
Worst case scenario I use the 4 screw mounts, and when I move I do a little wall repair and paint, its not going to stop me from setting up my 7.2.4 LOL

If you're still in any doubt about the banana plugs you could buy a set from Amazon to do a test fit. If they fit, all well and good, if for some unlikely reason they don't, just send them back.

I'd use all four screws for the wall mounts personally and then repair any holes at a later date if you remove them. Better safe than sorry.

4mm banana plugs are really universal and I have them fitting to both my Denon AV amp, Rega stereo amp and KEF speakers. Mine have all been straight on connections so can't comment and right angled designs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom